Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

I hate to say it, but I feel this way as well. OLTL's and AMC's ratings are just too close. If AMC announces new headwriters-very soon-, I will be firm in my belief that OLTL will be announced as cancelled within days after.. But then you read that OLTL fared better than both GH and AMC in their marketing research and it gives you pause.. When I watch OLTL I don't feel like I am watching a show on the verge of cancellation. Who knows. Whichever show lives, gets 12 more months. Its like two people in an accident. One dies at the scene and the other sadly lingers in a coma for a while. Its not good news.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And one other thing, the fact that ABC owns OLTL's studio being a good sign for OLTL??? Please, you know that eventually The View for MEN will be shot there!

Barbara Walters says under breath everyday in the elevator "Don't get too comfy Slezak, Babs has her eyes on your studio, bitch."

I mean The View for Men and The View for Women in the same studio. Its clear.

• Members

Did you watch the footage of Erika Slezak's surprise 40th anniversary party at the studio? In a video tribute, ABC managed to get the View ladies to congratulate Erika, and afterward, Slezak said to the crowd....You got Barbara Walters? She doesn't even say hi to us....not that I'm surprised as Babs does come across as cold but its just not nice to not even say hi to your neighbors. For sure, Babs wants OLTL space for The View for Men.

• Members

If you people think Barbara Walters is the brains of the operation, pay attention. It's Bill Geddie. Barbara Walters is executive producer in name only. The day to day business of The View is handled by Geddie and Alexandra Cohen. 81 year old Barbara Walters doesn't give a damn about a soundstage or The View for Men. Her main focus is staying relevant with ABC News (and promoting herself). If anybody's getting hot for the Male View, it's Geddie.

• Members

Good point. I hadn't thought of it before but that makes sense. I can see his show having a lot of comments about the endangered white man and so on, and the persecution of fathers, let boys be boys - and this will get the show attention.

I think it's something that will end up being a dumb idea for five days a week, but who knows.

If they were going to do this they should have someone like Tim Allen, as he's the only comedian I can remember who managed to transition the let-men-be-men type of thing to TV.

• Members

I remember that too. I can't find it now but I remember seeing a magazine article about the future of soaps once ATWT was cancelled with gravemarkers that had ATWT and GL with the year of their "births" and "deaths" and there was OLTL with a grave marker with 1968 to ??? on the top of it. Every online article seemed to talk about One Life's demise.

Speaking of the male version of The View, Dick Clark did a version for two years with Mario Lopez and Dnny Donaduche and it didn't last long. Who would do this one for ABC Media.

Archived