Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't say impossible, but even if we didn't have the rumors of cancellation, I have a very hard time buying that this show is in great shape financially. I mean this is the same show who held a childrens play in a bar, and so on. If that is what we can expect out of a show that's doing good financially, what can we expect when things are bad?

• Members

Haha, I guess there's just a lot of lying going around. First AMC lies to them about this letter, and then sits them down and lies about cancellation. These actors are apparently extraordinarily gullible...

• Members

I'm in your corner, Kylie, and it's not through rose-colored glasses. You have to come to a point with all the firm denials and admit, that maybe, just, maybe NO ONE is lying. Why do people necessarily think that SL is lying about that letter re the financials. Maybe they have saved money by the move to LA and cost-cutting. If I hear one more "insider" poster state that that "I heard..." or "My sources tell me..." that AMC is so ridiculousy overbudget, I think I'm going to scream. Sad that some people can't approach this topic without an agenda.

• Members

LOL! It's not even that I believe the show is all of a sudden safe from cancellation -- AMC and OLTL both can go at any moment -- it's just that I think it's hilarious that people believe that anything that strikes down the notion that AMC is "a goner" within months is completely false, all lies, total deception, etc. That may well be, but now we're going to assume that everybody's a liar lying to other people who are liars who tell lies? I say, with all due respect, give it a rest. Susan Lucci might not be in completely in the know, but I'm sure she'd be more "in" on things than Jamey flipping Giddens. Susan works for these people. She doesn't have any "anonymous insiders" because she is the insider! She's the source! Bobbie Eakes is the source! RPG and Chrishell are sources!

Archived