Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

DK may have been too young for HW. He was hired to up demos but, in the process, ended up changing GL too much yet not enough trying to hold current viewers while at the same time bring in much younger viewers. He needed an EP like Ed Scott to groom him and demontrate that a balance can be struck.

The same thing happened over at ATWT but this time with Goutman and Co calling the shots. DK made the first half of the final year of ATWT decent and I give him credit for that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't put any stock in anything the above referenced twit has to say.... although it does seem rather bleak. I echo what R Sinclair and a few others have said.... in my mind for the most part this show was canceled long ago. It will be a sad day when we do get the confirmation, but it would appear that day is coming alot sooner than I predicted. I just hope if it is to end by September, it is an ending that does the show, actors and its few fans remaining justice.

What a waste of time moving this show was. To only last 18 months? Those poor actors who uprooted their lives for it....

She is putting this out there just so she can be one of many claiming she had the inside information to pump up her reputation. She is clueless as far as I am concerned. Just another propaganda spreading twit praying on the internet fandom.

• Members

THIS.

Whatever happens, I truly, deeply, madly, sincerely hope, wish and pray that the people who made these actors move end up on the unemployment line. If the actors are going to suffer for these bad decisions, JHC, BF and Sweeney should have to do the same.

• Members

Poor actors? What a strange way of thinking about it. The move gave them steady work for 18 months and probably more. They got lucky that ABC tried to save AMC with that move. Plus, the actors didn't have to make the move. They could have opted out of their contracts and be unemployed like tons of other American workers.

• Members

Actually OLTL started an upswing last October and over the last 5 months only fallen to last in viewership 5 weeks:

Nov 22-26 2010 6. OLTL 2,357,000 (+6,000/-104,000)

Dec 20-24 2010 6. OLTL 2,355,000 (-134,000/+101,000)

Jan 3-7 2011 6. OLTL 2,371,000 (-474,000/-179,000)

Jan 10-14 2011 6. OLTL 2,681,000 (+310,000/+251,000)

Feb 14-18 2011 6. OLTL 2,346,000 (-346,000/-276,000)

In the 18-49 demo, OLTL has averaged 4th since March 2010. AMC has averaged last place in 18-49 demos since ATWT went off the air.

An insider on DD even before DC even posted had this info ABC was working on 2012 season without AMC. Raven IS a twit so suggest the fall season change was a recent meeting as the contract with the affiliates alone take forever to re-do.

• Members

Well, I wouldn't say "for nothing". I have no idea how much these people make, but I bet it's a lot more than the average person. If someone asked me to move to LA for a year, to make (lets say) $200,000, I would sure as hell think it's worth my time. Anyway, AM never really moved, did she? I thought her husband lived and worked in NY still? People were always claiming that she would leave this summer to go back to NY.

• Members

I think the move could have worked if there had been a real effort to actually improve the show. I also don't understand why they moved only to have to spend more money, because they didn't have the right storage for the sets, or whatever it was. Why was the person who kept making these mistakes never replaced? Clearly someone at ABC wanted to save AMC, but why was there never any effort to get smarter budget control?

• Members

Who is this Ravenbeauty and why is she so insufferable?

Pumping her own ego...

Pumping her ego some more...

More ego pumping. "I told you so! I told you so!"

LoL, how many loopholes is she going to give herself so she can say she was right no matter what happens?

"It's confirmed! AMC is canceled! But it's not final! I might be wrong! But I'm not! This is confirmed! AMC is canceled! Let's hope not!"

So ridiculous.

• Members

I get what you're saying but I consider these actors to be just like those tons of other American workers. They do the best they can while profiteers and incompetents make decisions that [!@#$%^&*] with their lives. If a textile company chooses to move their operations from NYC to Mississippi, sure the workers have a choice: either uproot their lives or stay in the old town and try to find a job waiting tables. The ones who choose to move do so because they think and hope that that decision is going to pay off for them. They're tying their fortunes to their employer. Unfortunately their employer was a self-serving, narcissistic idiot.

Archived