Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The 13 episode thing could have been great. If any soap is to live, it will be as a weekly series because no one these days has the time to tune in 5 days a week. Also, since soaps can't really be repeated, the networks will ave little interest. The web soaps would kill for a 13 episode deal

• Members

Well, I mean, at this point, with all the media outlets picking up on the rumor...ABC's hand is likely to be forced sooner than they were planning. Whatever it is they're going to say.

What's the latest today/tonight we should expect a press release/announcement? It's still early here in California, so I imagine that business is still going on.

I'm mostly just interested in how long they give AMC. 3 months. 6 months. 9 months...

• Members

Someone asked Oprah on Twitter if she was going to have any scripted shows on OWN. She said not in the immediate future because it's expensive. Also, even if Oprah wanted to bring All My Children to OWN, she would want to own it outright and I highly doubt ABC would sell it to her. It's a nice thought, buy really only in my dreams, unfortunately.

• Members

Well I know we read it like fiction, if we read her column at all- I just checked out a certain "Insider's" site at Voy, and she posted today and says AMC is supposedly cancelled, and will be replaced by a talk show. Who knows anymore.

Oh by the way, her source stated that OLTL will be lucky to live past 2012. YA THINK? Color me shocked.

• Members

I'm speechless, its like a nightmare every damn year. I'm getting tired now that I just want the rest of the soaps canceled at the same time. You don't want the soaps so why you keep running them. Utterly pissed right now, this just ruined my day. AMC was the heart and soul of the soaps for many people b/c it brought in so many new daytime viewers over the years.

ABC playing around with the announcement is just disgusting.

• Members

Come on now. Frons has to finish watching today's GH before he can bother with press release statements and driving over to the Andrita studios and putting cast and crew out of their misery.

He probably wants to hang with Maurice and Steve for a bit too.

• Members

YES. LOL!

I mean she will really have to back pedal this time if it ends up being OLTL. She's pretty good at that. I loved her last column with the blow by blow of the SECRET ABC MEETING. I loved the part about the room ERUPTING in CHEERS when someone said that Tess and Niki Smith should pair up (I actually found it quite brilliant, despite the fact that it was probably Raven's idea)

• Members

You really still think it could be OLTL? Seriously?! I'm not trying to beat up on you. But I can't imagine why anybody still thinks it could be OLTL. Unless some major advertiser/shareholder threatened to pull all their advertising across all the Disney/ABC channels if AMC goes, there's absolutely no reason I can see why it would be OLTL...this year.

ABC isn't playing around with the announcement. People are freaking out because they want the band-aid ripped off. Somebody asked above why this kind of thing always seems to happen at the same time every year, that's because financial decisions have to be made at a certain time every year. (Think taxes, annual reports, etc..) We, as fans, want to know what's going on RIGHT NOW but there are legal and financial considerations to think of. This is about a business dealing with its employees and product. No matter how much "we" may hate waiting for the news, that's nothing compared to the actors who uprooted their lives to move from NY to LA last year and are now wondering how they're going to pay their bills next year.

• Members

I was pissed too when ATWT was cancelled. What new daytime viewers did AMC bring?? I don't see it.

ABC is waiting for the right time to announce something. When you least expect it is when ABC will lower the boom. I remember CBS waited until April and boom...it cancelled ATWT after speculation it was safe.

Agreed

There has been no word whatsoever that OLTL would be cancelled or might be.

• Members

The ratings between AMC and OLTL are so close. AMC has MORE viewers. The only thing I will believe if AMC is cancelled, is that this "focus group" rumor may have some validity, and that OLTL did very well. Granted, the 18-49 demo difference of 100,000 viewers is sizeable but not anything jaw dropping. They need to just make the announcement. It quite a sad thing.

Archived