Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got it all set. I'll watch the last two weeks (any more in this show's current state might have me wishing for the end sooner), see how they wrap up stories and characters, say goodbye, shed a tear while remembering the good times, and then turn off the television.

• Members

Ya just know the final scene will be either of the following two scenarios: Rylee professing their true love for one another, promising to be in each other's lives forever OR Kendall telling Griffin that it's time to leave Zack's memory behind and get on with her life with him by her side. Because, you see, that's what AMC is and has always been about: Rylee and Kendall. The first 35 years were just filler.

• Members

^You don't even think they'd let Erica Kane have honors as final scene? Ha, with my luck, she'd probably be there propping Rylee.

I disagree, about Kendall/Griffin. I think if the show goes in the next six months, they'll get TK to come back and let Zendall have their happily ever after.

• Members

The mere thought of that makes me want them to cancel this show the way Fox does. One day it's there and the next it's gone. That mess can go out like Firefly or Wonderfalls where they didn't even air the last few episodes. Just tune in one day and it's Tori Spelling.

• Members

I don't want Rylee anywhere near that final episode. Give them the next-to-last if they must. The final ep should center on Erica, her kids, the Martins, and the Chandlers. I'd like to see people like Ray MacDonnell, Lee Meriwether, Karen Gorney, David Canary, Julia Barr, and Mark LaMura back for that final episode. Would also like to get some sort of nod to Phoebe and the Tylers, in recognition of the fact that they helped to carry the first decade of the show. Of course Erica would get the last scene, reminiscing about her life, her kids, Mona...and then contemplating a happily ever after life with Jack.

• Members

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I fear that if you're hoping for a wonderful ending if/when another show is cancelled, with a lot of former, legendary characters coming back then you're setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment. Just look at what happened with ATWT. They had nine months to wrap up their stories and give the fans a wonderful ending, but did they do that? No! They kept on adding more new, completely useless characters and acted like nothing had happened. Then they rushed through everything in the last 1,5-2 weeks and pleased absolutely nobody! They couldn't even be bothered to give Nancy Hughes, an original castmember, a worthy send off. It was a disgrace!

The only good thing Goutman did was to bring back Larry Bryggman, and from what I've heard that was more thanks to Liz Hubbard.

I hope that I'm wrong and lessons have been learned from the wholly unsatisfactory endings of GL and ATWT, but I doubt it.

• Members

Why does this seem to play out the same way every year since 2009? It's like a reoccurring nightmare. We get the rumors in March, the confirmation in April, and the last episode in September. New crappy program comes on in October. And, then it happens again the next year. :wacko:

Don't expect me to be watching whatever is on in AMC's timeslot. I'll probably start watching DOOL until it dies. (Y&R is shown at 9am here..so, that's not a choice for me)

• Members

I think that MacDonnell, Meriwether, Canary, and Barr are pretty realistic, that is, if the network can afford to fly them out en masse. The problem with ATWT was that so many of the old characters that the audience wanted back were long forgotten distant memories (Ellen, Emma's kids, Don Hughes). From what I understand, Rosemary Prinz was asked to reprise Penny but refused. Plus, wasn't Goutman or Telenext trying to shop the show to Lifetime or something, thus the contiuning the show as though nothing has happened.

• Members

I just want to see the characters written with some sort of respect, dignity, and continuity to their past in the final episode. I don't need pomp and circumstance, I just need shades, hints, reminders of my show. I want to know that I lost something good, rather than something shitty and barely recognizable.

I'm totally prepraed for the final scene to be all PV gathered for Rylee or Zendall's wedding.

Archived