Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah she's been here sibnce 2009. The show's main problem is Frons' obsession with Ryan and Greenlee and inability to let them die. They wont let anyone elevate past them. Scott and Madison are giving this played out couple a run for their money adn considering they are catching on, I wont be surprised if they get gutted in order to prop up more Rylee down the line. Scott could and should be one of the show's romantic leads but would they downplay Ryan in order to give Scott the spotlight? Of course not. Thats one of the show's problems. Its happeend to other guys that have gone up against Ryan in various triangles. Zach's probably the only one that still had viability after going up against Ryan.

• Members

I think that OLTL is more interesting and "soapy" right now. (And I am a bigger fan of AMC, than I am of OLTL) AMC is my favorite soap, but I stop watching it a couple of weeks ago, because I'm tired of K&S's very boring and simplistic writing. I'm tired of the propping and heavy handed writing of Griffin and Cara, I don't like Griffin, and I really dislike the heavy handed writing for him and Cara. And I don't like what the writers did to Ricky. Ricky could have been a good character and I think that him and Kendall could have been interesting together, but K&S messed things up with him. I'm also tired of stuff like Frankie being mostly ignored, etc...

I'm not watching AMC anymore, because I don't like how it is under K&S. They haven't written anything complex or interesting since they've been writing for the show. I think they are worse than B&E and B&E were pretty boring. But at least B&E did a couple of decent storylines.

They wrote for the entire Hubbard family and gave Frankie a storyline/love interest. I thought that the Richie/Annie stuff started out interesting and that was when MCE really started to come into her own as an actress. And I thought that BM did a good job in that storyline even though Richie ended up being pretty one note at the end.

IMO, K&S haven't written really anything interesting since they started writing for the show. IMO,Any bright spots during their time on AMC have come from the actors, not from their writing.

OLTL is darker, but I don't think that's why it's better. I think that it just has more of a "soapy" feel to it. Like the stuff with Clint, and Natalie/Jessica/the paternity stuff. At least there is some soapy/complex stuff going on OLTL right now. I can't say the same for AMC, with the EVHUL Ricky storyline, where they have practically turned him into a moustache twirling villian.

And Cara constantly being watery eyed and changing the reasons why she does stuff. (And I actually kind of like Cara, but I'm not really liking the writing for her). Griffin is just many different types of UGH for me.

I don't think that AMC doesn't have to be darker to be interesting, they just need writers that can tell complex storylines. K&S either can't or won't do that. I hate to see AMC get cancelled, but K&S's writing is not helping and is hurting this show. Not only is their writing unfortunate, it's unfortunate to think that they might be the ones to write the end of this show.

• Members

Say what you want but I seriously have a feeling that NONE of the soaps are getting canceled till after Soapnet is gone.

But I am prepared to hear that AMC or OLTL is canceled. It's coming, just a matter of when. :(

• Members

A big problem with AMC is that I don't think most viewers care about front-and-center characters like David, Kendall, Ryan, Annie, Jake, Amanda, and Greenlee. Whether it's the actors or the writing or both, they're just very weak, shrill and not very rootable. Why should I care about any of these characters? Give me a reason to root for these characters. I think Cara and Griff are actually positive additons to the canvass because they have some appeal. When most fans think about classic AMC, they think of Erica, Brooke, the Martins, the Cortlandts, the Chandlers, the Hubbards, the Montgomerys, etc. These families have such great history, it's the shame the writers are either too lazy or embarrassed to draw on it. I'm convinced that a real good juicy story drawing on the show's history would lure back some viewers, including some 18-49s. Say, some mystery centering on the Martins. Bring back Tara to anchor the family, and usher her return with a good juicy mystery. It's historical touches like this spark viewers' interests. I think that when writers and producers demonstrate that they respect a show and its history, the viewers care that much more. Would these touches help the ratings? Who knows, but nothing else they tried has worked. Why not turn to your pre-2000 history and see what happens. Just my 2 cents.

• Members

With CBS it was different. When GL was canceled ATWT ratings took a hit. But Y&R/B&B really didn't.

Because AMC and OLTL are "sister" soaps, people are just going to tune out. Also I know many people who say they just don't want to deal with the speculation of cancellation or not.

Archived