Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They pretty much are, cause they ALWAYS say stuff like this, then like a week later it turns out true. They did this when it was said AMC was moving to LA. They even THE DAY BEFORE it was confirmed said they weren't moving the show.

THe original source is deadline hollywood, which isn't some soap rag and from what I've read is as reliable as they come

• Members

I have to believe that it makes more sense to keep OLTL/GH as a block too. That has to be in OLTL's favor. I don't have a preference between OLTL and AMC. I want them both to live, but moving the time slot or having a gap between soaps, seems like a losing proposition.

• Members

I do think it's strange that ABC still isn't even hinting at confirming this. Don't get me wrong, I know that one or both of the shows will be gone soon, but with the years ABC has spent developing shows, I would think they would not keep denying, they would just say, "Stay tuned." I wonder if these other shows they have planned tend to fall through.

• Members

Doesn't that seem to be what is most important to the networks these days?

I wouldn't be surprised if AMC is replaced by a Cameron Mathison talk show. Lord knows Frons has a weird obsession with him, Rebecca Buddig, and Vanessa Marcil

• Members

I'm not bitter or sensitive but I suspect even you can see how ridiculous it would be to keep whining about how OLTL gets no respect once AMC gets canceled. Anybody still bitching then is just a punk getting off on the great OLTL Inferiority Complex. "Waaaahhhh Oprah didn't have Erica Slezak on! Waaaaahhh why isn't Strasser on Castle?!" Once AMC is gone, OLTL won't be able to hide behind that convenient excuse. It's going to have to hold it's own. You guys don't get to play the victim anymore.

Archived