Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want to see AMC (or any soap) go at all. Where there is life there is hope. There is always the chance that things will get better as long as the show survives. Once it's gone, it's gone forever. I can only hope that they really will wait to see what happens when Soapnet dies. AMC wasn't a part of my childhood. I won't miss it the way I miss ATWT, but I still dont want to see it die.

• Members

All I asked was a question. I don't follow the soap rags, and was curious (imagine that) as to whether or not they would considering something posted DC and other soap sites worthy of commenting on. Excuse my being out of loop. :rolleyes:

• Members

This is the type of mentality which is killing most of the networks. They just don't even care about repairing shows that probably can improve and generate more revenue with more effort. Yet they also don't care about bringing in better quality programs - whether it be talk or cooking or whatever. They want cheap and fast and that's it. They keep throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks.

• Members

With the way the writing and ratings are. I don't doubt it. But.....Nevertheless. It still pisses me off to no end. Like we really need another useless talk show/reality show on tv. Especially daytime TV. When all the cable channels at that time are only dishing out reruns of Law and Order, Jersey Shore, and Spongebob Squarepants. Oh yeah, and the non-stop 24hr biased cable news networks.

Screw the media. Screw ABC. and most of all Screw Frons and that female dog of a woman known as Anne Sweeney!

• Members

I'm sorry for you but it's not any worse than losing a 60+ soap or a 50+ soap. If GL the longest running show was cancelled...there's no reason why AMC would go too. It was just a matter of time. The move to LA was a red flag. The move seems to not have helped it. It's sad another soap could be leaving us but he we have to face the facts it might happen sooner than later.

• Members

I mean...it's obviously working well for those with that mentality. Part of my anger is the lies. If they just owned up to the sh!t, fine. But don't tell me "soaps have run their course." Soaps, within the context they want to keep them, have run their course. But why make money thinking X amount when you can make money thinking X-1 amount?

• Members

But the "maybe's" "might be's" "could be's" "ifs from unnamed sources to soap sites are gospel?

And yes, Soapsuds, I'll keep my blinders on and you keep ringing the death bell and we'll meet at the middle, what, tomorrow...or is April 1st? Depending who we're to believe.

• Members

Where have you been? lol EVERYONE left OLTL for dead when ABC announced AMC was moving to LA, the spin was ABC was making it choice known by protecting the soap they want to keep. And thats exactly what it was, Frons wanted to keep the "legacy" soap AMC and he tried very hard to do so. A few years ago OLTL was always the lowest rated ABC soap, its now consistantly second, and please don't give me that "but barely" spin lol, when a soap gets slightly higher ratings and is under budget it makes more money for ABC than a lower-rated soap thats over budget. I agree OLTL needs to continue growing its ratings for its long-term success, and if it doesn't, it will go as well. No one can deny OLTL was the soap everyone believed would be canceled in 2011 and IF AMC goes instead, I say thats OLTL coming back from the dead, so thats what I meant by that statement, certainly long-term you are 110% correct they need to get their act together and hold ratings and demos if this new chance at "LIFE" will result in long-term success.

• Members

I didn't leave OLTL for dead.

I had a feeling this would happen then. AMC couldn't control their budget in NY and they couldn't make up the difference on top of an expensive move out West during which Frons culled David Canary and did little to encourage La Lucci not to take time off or even go recurring.

Archived