Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. If they aren't going to get new writers and a new EP then what's the point of waiting? I'll miss some of these actors and characters but other than that I have no sympathy. These shows screwed themselves. I just hope when all this is over Frons is on the unemployment line too.

• Members

With the way AMC's ratings are now, I don't see how it would help to wait and see how things go into next year. The demo has already dipped drastically, and I don't know how they could gain much if anything after it more than likely falls even lower over the summer. Plus it seems like if they were going to wait it out, they'd have at least gotten rid of the writers. I don't like saying a show is beyond saving, but DK and DS are NOT capable of writing compelling enough drama to turn things around.

• Members

http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/21/all-my-children-cancellation/

A daytime landscape without Erica Kane? Say it ain't so! A source close to 'All My Children' has confirmed to our friends at TV Squad that the series is in jeopardy.

ABC could make an announcement regarding the fate of 'All My Children' as soon as today or tomorrow. Despite it being a bigger brand, 'AMC's' sagging ratings has put the series on the chopping block.

If 'AMC' is canceled, ABC could move 'One Life to Live' to California. Deadline notes ABC may replace 'AMC' with a talk show, similar to what CBS did with 'As the World Turns.'

In recent weeks 'AMC' has delivered record lows in Nielsen ratings. According to Deadline, the soap came in last in the key demographic of women 18–49. It was seen by 463,000 viewers in that demo, down 34 percent compared to last year. The series also came in last in total viewers, grabbing 2.32 million. 'One Life to Live' had 2.36 million during the week of March 7.

• Members

They're not gonna move OLTL to LA, especially if it's under budget in NY. Why fire the crew you have, hire a new one (unless you take AMC's old one) in LA, etc. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

I still think some of this is stuff being taken from around the web and recycled on different sites.

• Members

Don't worry about a timeline for OLTL, In 2007 Jeff Zucker the head of NBC said DAYS was unlikely to continue past 2009, as you know, DAYS is still on and its current contract keeps it on another year or so. Don't believe this BS some people are posting that OLTL only has months or a year. DAYS knew things were rough and made the changes they needed and its ratings improved so Jeff Zucker was proven wrong and DAYS was renewed past 2009. ANYTHING can happen in the tv biz, ABC could premiere the new talk show and its a ratings disaster and its canceled within six months, so ABC decides to stick with its soaps, so OLTL's so called 2012 demise never happens much like DAYS 2009 cancelation. OLTL could overtake GH as ABC's top rated soap, ABC could find a way to premiere a talkshow and keep its 3 soaps on the air, and the "dead" AMC could make a comeback, so until a cancelation announcement is made, ANYTHING is possible. Now with that said, I don't object to this discussion over thoughts of IF a soap is canceled should it be AMC or OLTL, but anything past that such as giving the surviving soap a timeframe before it is canceled as well is outrageous as history shows us, anything is possible.

Archived