Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Depending on the actor, I could see the network releasing them early a la Finn Wittrock and even if they don't, if an actor can get a few side gigs then at least that's still money. At least the AMC actors have a slight advantage being on the west coast. Although I saw an article that said NYC reinstated the tax credit and there's more production in the city so the OLTL actors aren't as screwed as they have been for the last few years.

• Members

But if you are making a cheap show, you need fewer advertisers and there are always products to sell.

i can't believe Survivor is in it's 20th season or something ridiculous, but a really challenging, thought provoking show like Dollhouse is pulled with less than two solid years of shows. The race to the bottom isn't being run but the writers or creators, it's being run by the networks who are bleeding every penny and continuing to put on crap. Unfortunately viewers can easily become addicted to "junk food" and forget how to chew something with significance.

Archived