Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well AMC is still casting people...so I don't know. Side gigs, guests spots, I can see that, but I guess it's just hard for me to believe the actors would already be out pounding the pavement looking for work. Unless they canned the show long before September, but I don't know if there's enough time to wrap before summer.

Who knows. Yeah, I'm gonna say it...it's all STILL just hearsay. We'll find out soon what the real deal is.

• Members

Depends on the actor's contract as well. Many of them, I imagine, have out clauses so that they can bolt at the end of a cycle.

I actually hope this rumour is true and it's AMC that's getting the axe. This show still has some dignity left in it and it still has La Lucci. Better to end it now with its signature character still on top.

• Members

People keep saying that, but do the numbers really show that? They gained in sweeps, and lost it. They're beating AMC by hardly anything. I'm still not completely convinced that little bit of difference equals a change in profit margins. And the budget thing, while likely true, is still something that could be fixed. So I don't know why it's a deal breaker.

• Members

I don't usually trust hardly anything Ravenbeauty says, because she likes to give really vague "spoilers" and likes to backtrack on stuff, pretend like she scooped stuff first, etc... But I did see some stuff that she had posted last week that I thought was interesting. She was more specfic this time and said that there was actually a very important meeting that went on at ABC, where they were talking about AMC being a "dead ship" and trying to decide whether they would cancel it outright or combine it into a one hour show with OLTL.

She also gave lists of characters that would more than likely be safe from each soap, if the two soaps merged into one. Here is a link to these spoilers. I usually don't put much stock into her spoilers, but she was more specific last week, more specific than I've ever seen her be with spoilers. Maybe she's not lying about the meeting and ABC considering cancelling AMC or merging it with OLTL?

http://www.voy.com/191220/7036.html

Archived