Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

Not to mention that the networks haven't even had any successful talk shows in ages and ages. For all the talk of soaps being dead, it generally seems like daytime is, period, unless you count the million cable networks that can declare victory because they each get their own sliver. The networks should be trying to build up what made them stand out in the first place, instead of just draping themselves in the equivalent of the I Love Lucy episode where she wore a potato sack and thought it was designer chic.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh why is there nothing new in there? Can't ABC just make the announcement already and put everyone out of their misery.

I'm still not convinced both won't be canceled at the same time, with AMC going just a bit (no more than a year) before OLTL.

• Members

Eh, let OLTL have the sentimental extra 6 months or a year. Lets get AMC off while there's still a shred of dignity.

I do foresee it being something like AMC in September 2011, with OLTL the following September (if it lasts that long) and GH holding on as long as they possibly can hold it.

• Members

Is there still a shred of dignity? Did Kendall lose it in her couch's seat cushions?

Actually, yes, as hollow as AMC feels these days there is still quite a bit more dignity than ATWT or GL. This is a show in the weeds which could improve quite easily.

• Members

That's what's hardest for me to swallow if/when this announcement comes down. There is still life left in AMC, not a lot, but enough. It could be saved and pulled back from the brink. No one at ABC seems willing too. :(

I'm selfish, OLTL can have it's last year, with writers and a network that know it's going....I'd actually hate see AMC in that spot. Where they're being written that long with NOTHING to lose. Eek.

• Members

I dont think Frons has any great love for Lucci but she is the only name and face people really associate to AMC so I think he values that part of her

I dont see SL staying with ABC daytime. She doesn't need it. Shes managed her career very well and has branded herself.

If anything it wouldn't shock me to see her strike up a deal with Orpah Winfreys new network if she stays involved in television.

Exactly. I don't know why folks think otherwise. I think she has stuck with AMC because of her gratitude for her success and I think she really loves

playing Erica.

Archived