Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got a pit in my stomach, I can barely eat. Intellectually I know it's just a silly soap that's seen much better days, but my heart is still with it. I remember my aunt introducing me to it back in 1976 when I was 10 and home sick for 2 weeks with the flu. I was immediately enthralled, and I loved the comedy and family-community feeling. And besides a few gaps, I've never really stopped watching since. It's been the one constant in my life all these years, sad to say. So corny, but it's been with me during the good and bad times. Pine Valley has been my retreat. My attachment to OLTL isn't as strong, but I'd be heartbroken if that were to go too. Now I know what GL and ATWT fans were going through. Ugh, this is torture.

• Members

Honestly I think that's just her nice way of saying "Stop asking me about it." The actors can't say anything until the network announces it and I bet they're tired of being harangued by desperate fans, especially when they have their own problems to deal with.

• Members

If cancellation is in fact on the horizon, they need to go ahead and shoot that final scene of Mrs. Nixon flipping through the scrapbook by the fire while reciting the poem in voiceover for one last time, last pic Erica, closing the cover on, "You are All My Children."

She would of course handle it publicly with her *unique* brand of grace, but I think Miss Lucci is ready.

• Members

Whoever's writing this show at the end, if they and the suits have any warmth and decency, they'll solicit Agnes Nixon's consult for wrapping up the final storylines. A "didn't have to, but we did."

• Members

I'd hope. But I doubt it. I think if this is it, and K&S get to take it to the end, they'll end it how they want. And honestly, after AN was like, "eh, whatever" about Josh, I'm hesitant to care if she's involved at all.

• Members

The optimist in me would love that and I and many others here could whip up a million creative possibilities, but the realist in me knows that when a soap is cancelled it is cancelled. For good. Oprah isn't going to swoop in and save the day, nor will anyone else. And frankly why should they (save for the fans' sake) when these shows didn't take the proper measures to save themselves?

Archived