Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So how long do we see them giving AMC? I think 3 months is a little harsh, but 6 months might just do far more damage than good. I'm still not convinced both AMC and OLTL won't get a pinkslip at the same time, just AMC first (2011) and OLTL to get it's time in 2012.

• Members

You're right no doubt as it was odd for me when ATWT got cancelled and I wasn't seriously hurt by it b/c I expected it since GL got canceled and I knew ATWT was going to happen as much as I loved ATWT but this AMC stuff cam as a surprise to me b/c I really didn't think ABC would ever actually pull the plug on any of their three soaps at least for now. As much as the rumors had been going on for years and years I'd always had a wait until that day comes approach.

• Members

Your life may have gone on but the Reid crush endures ;)

Firing Pratt was a huge mistake. I get that long term fans are liking the show more; however, demos crashed almost the moment LB took over. AMC gets all the promo, Lucci subs on The View but, somehow, OLTL is ahead with little investment. I will say that AMC is stuck going up against Y&R and Days across the East which can't be easy. I'd love to see Days moved to 3pm by network mandate and see a real smackdown!

(I still watch ATWT on YouTube because much of it is better than current offerings)

• Members

You know, I actually don't think Kreizman was a mess at GL. Don't get me wrong, he certainly had some issues, but in hindsight, compared to what is being written in daytime now? His tenure at GL was ehh, certainly not great but not awful either (though I think he made some VERY crucial mitakes).

I do the same with GL

Archived