February 28 - March 4, 2011

Toups

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This Y&R stuff is really interesting. I watched for awhile, I think the last time I did regularly was before Cassie died. I haven't really followed it since, but when the ratings were posted I always just took foregranted that Y&R would be number one. It's odd to see it falling so hard, and so fast.

• Members

I'm sure a big segment of SoapNet viewers are those who previously watched, taped or DVR on ABC but they like

the SoapNet timeslot better so they watch their soap on SoapNet and if they still want to watch AMC OLTL or GH

you can be certain they will once again watch, tape or DVR on ABC Daytime once SoapNet goes off the air.

Which is why I think its a mistake to simply look at the ABC Daytime ratings as the only ratings ABC is looking

at in consideration for a soap cancelation.

• Members

Yep. I still think Disney will sell ABC at some point. After they've raped their sports department for ESPN, of course.

I'd love to see Wal-Mart buy ABC. It'd be unexpected, trashy, and completely inappropriate. And you guys thought Disney was conservative? LOL.

That's a good point.

• Members

I'ma take flack for this but, I always thought, much like J&E...Zendall were a couple with a loud fanbase, but never really had the popularity it was believed to have. I've never seen proof they (or J&E) have done a thing to help or hurt ratings. :ph34r: And yes, I know not one couple or character can help or hurt ratings, but for two couples who have always been touted by their respective fans as the key to AMC's success, I think there ought to be something that shows that. I don't believe for half a second ratings would change if TK came back tomorrow, or do I think they'll change if AMC keeps Jack and Erica together.

• Members

They probably should just dump most of the vets. Soaps have always been aimed at younger viewers, not old folks trying to recapture their long past glory days. GL and ATWT from 1975-1985 purged everything but the core and this may be why each show lasted so long. Marland took GH young and got ratings up.

There is nothing more pathetic than watching a character like Jill get pathetic over Colin and it brings to mind the cliche of their being no fool like an old fool. Same goes for Echo and Charlie over at OLTL--sad!

I'm just over seeing late baby boomers in heat.

Archived