Recasts

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's ridiculous that he was Faux!Greg on AMC in the mid-'80s and then they still cast him as post-college Kevin on OLTL in the mid-'90s. His Hitler Youth Suspenders Kevin always creeped me out on OLTL.

• Members

He mostly went around in a purple Speedo. He was the happy-go-lucky lifeguard who loved the ladies (and fell for an older woman who was manipulating him in his attempts at a singing career - why I remember this I don't know). You saw his ass a fair amount. He did look good. He wasn't suited for the suit parade on OLTL.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm pretty sure that I've read at different times that she either quit, or the classic, "We wanted to take the character in a different direction." I never got the impression that they were dissatisfied with her talent per se. Duffy and Light are as different as night and day.

• Members

I believe I read Julia admitted she only agreed to fill in for a few months because Kathryn was ill. Kathryn was supposed to return by X date and didnt and Julia was no longer available so they hired Judith as a temp. However, EP Joe Stuart was taken with her take on Karen that he gave her the role.

Julia came to OLTL after a short stay on Love of Life (1972) & four years on The Doctors (1973-1977) maybe she didnt want another long-term soap stay

• Members

Julia was only on for a few days. Not sure where the info came from that she was on for months. I believe she was only on as Kathryn Breech was re-negotiating and got "ill". Kathryn came back and Judith was hired as a understudy who eventually took over. I believe Kathryn was on until around Sep/Oct then Julia came on as a temp for a couple of days, then Kathryn came back and Judith took over a week or so later (around late October)

Archived