Recasts

• Members

Wait wait you mean to tell me that douglas watson wasnt the original Mac? I didnt watch the show in their heydays but i feel like im 4 and you just told me santa klaus doesnt exist.

If you tell me rachel ames wasnt the original audrey i might have to rethink my position on the Easter bunny.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha! Yes, I'm forgetting the gentleman's name, but the original Mac was older and portly. I believe Harding Lemay saw greater potential in the character by making him a dashing romantic lead of a certain age. I do recall reading however that the idea of pairing him with Rachel didn't come until HL noticed the chemistry between DW and VW in an incidental scene.

• Members

I was just reading some old newspaper articles about Y&R from Jan 1981 (as I do sometimes, lol) and I came across a Q&A where someone asked for a cast listing for Y&R. Sean Garrison was listed as playing John Abbott. I wasn't aware anyone but Brett Halsey played him for the first run, the character was only on for about ten months.

I haven't seen this listed anywhere and it isn't on his imdb page. Anyone know about this or is it a possible mistake. The same response listed Tammy Taylor as still playing Patty, though Lilibet Stern took over that role in late 1980, possibly the cast list wasn't quite up to date.

• Members

Not 100% sure. The Williams family started appearing in Jan 1980, but there is no mention of Patty until the end of April. So Tammy was definitely on no earlier than Jan and no later than April. I am pretty sure Lilibet started in Dec, but don't know exactly when Tammy stopped airing.

• Members

Re AW

It seems from reading synopses that the first Mac was only on a few times during that year and was living in New York.In July 74 it is mentioned that Mac will be spending Summer in Bay City.

When Watson took over in August he was paired with Liz at first. By December he was getting involved with Rachel...

Archived