Recasts

• Members

Ok this is driving me nuts. I know that many pages ago it was adressed that there was another actor who played Brad Cooper before Parry Shen. But other than being refered as unknown actor on the character's wikipedia page i cant find nothing about him.

Can anyone help me finding the actor who originated the role's name?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the effort john

I find it strange that the original actor isnt credited. Even a small part on a soap is worth something on an actor's resume.

Glad to have parry shen but i always hate having my mental health questioned when I mention Parry being a recast.

• Members

It was rumoured in the press that she had one of those re-negotiating viruses. It seems plausible since Judith was brought on as an understudy, the show obviously was preparing for KB's possible and more than likely exit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

On a side note, that GL opening was always one of my least favorite. It just looked so cheap and awful compared to other ones at the time

I had no clue Ethan Erickson was on GL nor that he was on for as long as he was. Never even heard of the character. What was his story?

• Members

He took over from George Pilgrim, who was in the role for half a year and then quit because he felt he'd gotten enough from soaps and wanted to be a star.

He never really had much of a story. He and Rebecca Budig's Michelle were sort of together, but then she became involved with other guys. He sort of had a relationship with reformed bad girl Drew (Tammy Blanchard), but that also went nowhere. He was mostly pretty set decoration for about two years.

The music in that opening is among the worst.

• Members

Wow, the announcer could barely take a breath in between! I don't think I've ever seen it done like that before.

I think the vast majority loved that opening, they just didn't care for that particular 1996 version of the music. Personally, the closing theme version of it was beautiful, but it didn't mesh well with the pace of the graphics. It's better to have the more upbeat version play as the opening intro.

• Members

+1

I currently hate that on DAYS Will and Sonny have gotten NO hate from any family members. Victor, an old wealthy man, supportive of his nephew being gay and marrying a man? The show should show Victor not being happy with it and then him getting used to it because he loved Sonny.

• Members

I don't see Victor as being that type of guy.

On AMC, I think they originally wrote Adam Chandler and Palmer Cortlandt as being homophobic, but the actors felt that would be OOC, so they changed the scenes.

To me Caroline would have been the best choice.

Yes. The opening was nice enough, when played with the proper music. That theme, along with various other themes they tried in 1996, was just amateurish.

Archived