GH Actress Now NOT Leaving?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I am EXTREMELY thrilled that all of us rabid Becky fans hounded them like we did. It obviously made a difference. And I'm glad the A-Holes behind this decision finally have to admit they've made a mistake.

Part of me is thrilled Liz is staying. But another part of me knows she won't be given any treatment and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the true-vet treatment now. I do want better than that for Becky.

Oh and as for Becky "phoning it in"...No. Becky has been given some SHITTY material over the last few years, but she's acted the hell out of it.

Mixed bag. But good for Becky. As a mother of three, I'm sure she needs the steady income.

• Members

Give them time. I admit that I'm very curious what the after effects of this will be especially since we know that GH is the soap that had it's budget slashed. (That's been confirmed right?) I assume she's taking a pay cut because it's pretty obvious that everybody at ABC is.

I was trying to think of the last time a fan campaign worked to reverse a firing and the only one I can think of was Nathaniel Marston on OLTL.

• Members

Liz has always gotten on my nerves, aside from a year or two in the late 90s, but you can do a lot with her as a character. She can be a plot agitator, she can play romance, she can play feuds, she can be the mother, she has ties to all of the show's "heroes."

There are many characters GH could write out with no real impact. Nik being #1 on my list. Spinelli. Jax. Ethan. Lucky. Siobhan. Lulu. The sad joke that has become Maxie. Alexis, although NLG is great. I don't think that Kristina or Molly would be a big loss either.

That's just counting people on contract - although if Sonny's annoying bodyguard is on contract I would like him to go too.

(I would also be happy to see Luke, Jason, and Brenda/Sonny go, but that's not happening).

Archived