GH Actress Now NOT Leaving?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope she is staying. And then at the same time I remember that Guza gives and then Guza takes. When he takes...he takes ugly, brutally and without respect for anything. IF BH is saying I hope this doesn't end up being worse for her than if she had left.

• Members

Nah I doubt it, that would defeat the purpose and if they wanted her gone I don't see them making Liz a ghost and have to pay Becky till the end of her contract

The twitterverse was buzzing early this morning when our friends over at Soaps In Depth sent out the following tweet: "Breaking News: Becky Herbst (Liz) NOT leaving #GH? You heard it hear first! Details soon… "

Several weeks ago, the show came under massive fan attack following news that Herbst — who has played Elizabeth Webber on the sudser for 13 years — was being let go for "storyline-dictated reasons." While soap fans are known to raise a stink when a favorite is let go, the Herbst fans (many of whom took on the moniker BeckyNation) were like a dog with a bone, refusing to give up the fight.

"They've been incredibly organized," says Richard M. Simms, executive editor of the mag. "A lot of times, fans react and for a few days, it's all anyone can talk about. But Becky Herbst fans really refused to let this drop. It probably doesn't help that over the past few years, GH has gotten a bad reputation for either sidelining or writing out longtime characters. Things may finally have reached a breaking point with a lot of fans, who just couldn't accept another legacy character being canned."

Sources say the network is expected to release a statement regarding the change of heart. Keep an eye on In Depth's tweet stream —@soapsindepthabc — for more!

http://www.thetvaddi...n-fave-staying/

• Members

Oh please, don't act surprised. Liz is played out, Becky has been phoning this sh*t in for the last five years. And this whole "She's a vet, she's tied to a core family" B.S. is part of what is destroying daytime. This stupid need for nostalgia that has zero purpose.

All of these GH characters need a break, but the one that needs one the most is Liz. Guza trashes her character, but Rebecca Herbst barely does anything to step up to the plate and make the material work.

Plus, I love BrookLynn/Adrianna Leon. -_-

• Members

Whatevs, who isn't played out on this show? Name me 1 character that isn't

Who isn't played out? Come on now, Brookeis pointless, she serves no purpose other than to be Nik's paid whore. LOL and AL doesn't phone it in? that's pretty much all she does. She was better on Y&R, at least she actually you know acted

LOL no it wouldn't be hack writers who can't write their way out of a paper bag, no it's nostalgia. GMAFB. TIIC are what's destroying daytime.

• Members
Are we talking about everyone else or are we talking about Elizabeth?

Adrianna Leon IS the younger, cheaper actress.

And Nik/BrookLynn haven't slept together, so how can she be a "whore" if her services never go beyond casual dating?

Agreed that the hack writing is the problem. But so are all these stupid fans with their stupid campaigns to bring back actors that serve no purpose to the writer in charge or to the show.

If I were a diehard Rebecca Herbst fan, I'd want better for her than GH.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how they plan on trashing the Liz character now that she's agreed to stay. Guess she and Michael can have a few more now that she won't get fired.

Archived