DAYS: Huge Recast

• Members

I wondered what you'd say, JaneAusten. You're such a nice and fair-minded poster that I haven't had as much of a negative opinion of NA over the last few years. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but then, she's far from the first or last actor who didn't click in a new role. It's strange to me they threw her in for such a big story so fast.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is true. Rachel Melvin played a different character before she played Chelsea. Renee Jones played a different character before she went on to play Lexie. Josh Taylor was Chris Kositcheck for a total of 9 years before taking over the role of Roman Brady. Judi Evans was Bonnie one week before returning to the role of Adrienne the next. While TB's run as Ava might have been recent and may have won her an Emmy etc, I'm sure she'll make Taylor work. I'd have rather had Ava come back though, tbh. I liked Nicole and Ava's friendship.

• Members

The age -- not the fact that she played Ava, not any issues with TB herself, not any hatred for Taylor as a character -- is my big issue with this. Unless something magical happens, I am never going to believe Tamara Braun is younger than Arianne Zuker.

• Members

I honestly believe if she and Ari Zucker had connected on screen this likely would not have happened. I think after a rocky first week,her scenes were improving but still not great. I thought her best scenes with with Eric myself. But there was really nothing on screen with Ari which shocks me because Ari who I adore just seems to be able to connect with anyone. And if your main story is with 2 people, one you haven't really gelled with, its not going to last.

Tamara Braun is not my favorite and I am always skeptical when someone comes onto a show in another role but she just might be terrific who knows.I don't think she fits the age. There are other actresses out there younger they could have tested, Becky Herbst being one. They must really like Tamara.

As for great and non great actors I read this all the time about who is and isn't great. I don't think I've ever seen a character accepted due to great acting. So many things need to work. I loved Eden Reigel as Bianca on AMC but she also had good story for the majority of her run and really gelled with her actors. Now on Y&R she's just kind of their. I feel the same about Maura West. It's why when I hear suggestions of who should take what role, I mean why? How does anyone know Becky Herbst for example would work as Sarah Horton on Days or that Greg Vaughan would work as Eric BRady. So many things need to fall in place for a character to be accepted. I have my doubts about Tamara but then Days loves her and she'll likely do fine since she worked well with Ari before.

• Members

Yeah I never got that. Well Arianna was never really a fit for LH but they seemed headed to something between Ari and EJ that likely would have worked that is the purpose the show seems to have is to find a name actress to pair with James Scott. I don't really know why they don't just stick with he and AZ.

• Members

I'm totally happy with this news. I've always found Natalia Livingston dreadful and not in the 'so bad she's good' way either. She's frustrating. She irks me. I'm glad she's gone.

Tamara had good chemistry with everyone she worked with on the show and I think she will again.

It's a simple rewrite to have Taylor be Nicole's older sister...it's what they're going to have to do because there's no way in hell that Tamara can pass for younger than Arianne. No way. No how.

• Members

You know what would have been funny? Had she been recasted with Rebecca Herbst. I know some people on this board have said that jokingly (and some serious) after RH was fired and seeing NL in action. How ironic had it been if TPTB had listened and dropped NL in favor of RH as Taylor? LOL

• Members

Well, this is odd. I love TB though, I always have. She is my 2nd favorite Carly. However, I would haverather seen her as Ava again. It's a little quick for this...

I would have loved to see Becky as Taylor though. She really would have clicked, I think. We'll see how this works.

• Members

I do not understand this.

Tams is 3 years older than Ari, and looks about the same age or younger. No, i will not believe she is this late 20's girl, but early 30's a few years younger than Nicole, sure.

Besides, if i can deal with Chelsea being alive, or Belle being 6 one week and 16 the next, or Marlena being possessed by the devil, or everybody being alive on an island, or anything else this show shits out, i can surely go with a slight difference in ages by actress who both look stunning.

2zew9af.jpg

• Members

I agree! This isn't the first nor will it be the last time Days or any other soap will bring back an actor who was previously on the show. That's been going on since the 60's. Especially when it come down to casting soap vets like Robin Mattson, Rosce Born, etc. That have been on just about all the remaining soaps. Ava was on the show nearly 3 years ago in a 2, 3, 4, maybe 5 month stint not much of an important character.

• Members

Tams looks about the same age or older. Theres no way in hell does she look younger than Ari. She comes across older as she looks her age. She looks good but I cant see her playing Nicole's younger sister and not having that in the back of my mind all the time. On BB, to this day, it bothers me everyime I see Ashley Jones and Kyle Lowder together bc she's supposed to be his younger sister and she looks oldr. I expect it to be the same here

Here's a more recent shot of her, from this pst November. Younger than Ari? No way

11222010lapremiereoffas.jpg

Archived