DAYS: Huge Recast

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is a head scratcher. I feel for NL. She just got steady work and is fired just like that. I can't believe that it is about acting ability or talent because that never has been important to Days. They must have just wanted a prominent role for Tamara.

• Members

This is so random. I think Natalia Livingston is a poor actress, love Tamara Braun. But this Taylor character is a non-starter. This insta-love story between EJ and Taylor is a non-starter. That's not Natalia's fault, that's the writing, Dena. They should just bury the character at this point. EJ had a chance at redemptive love and that was Adriana.

• Members

This is WEIRD. I'm glad they pulled the plug on NL-as-Taylor so quickly, because she's not really working -- however, some of that is the writing, which has her walking around being sad-eyed and then looking at EJ like she has bad gas. But she's not really skilled enough to elevate anything the way, say, Zuker can.

However, Braun-as-Taylor is a strange fit. We don't need another "edgy," bitchy woman on the show. I'm curious to see where they go with this, but it's a head-scratcher in terms of fit.

Re: Taylor as a character. I don't mind that they're trying to make her work. She's essentially a blank slate, and she's related to an important character. I'd much rather they build a character around Nicole's pre-existing sister than give us a random insta-sibling for someone!

• Members

Disagree! Not that the show NEEDS Taylor, like I said above, I'd much prefer they find a way to make Nicole's sister work as a character than just bringing on some random woman. At least Taylor has some ties to the canvas and is essentially a blank slate waiting for definition.

• Members

Bizarre! Tamara was a rare Emmy win and they're bringing her back so soon in a new recast role? Wow. And Natalia Livingston has always been a dreadful actress so IDK why anybody is shocked. They knew what they were getting. Even her second role at GH was a bust.

• Members

I liked her on AMC. I think she and ER worked well together. There was so much potential there. Of course, the outcome of their storyline was terribly written and just plain offensive, so I can understand her not returning. Couldn't see her having any chemistry with CBL anyway. Why did she leave GH in the first place? To branch out into prime time and films? She was much better in the role than Laura Wright.

Archived