DAYS: Huge Recast

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG! :o Wow...

I love Natalia Livingston but ever since her debut on DAYS she has just been so bad! Not the Actress I grew to love at all! The fact that she didn't have to even audition for the role, I wonder if that played into why. I'm sad she's leaving but I think DAYS made a good decision with recasting.

LOVE TAMS!! Would have preferred if she came back to the role she won an Emmy for though, lol. I'm excited to see her & Ari Zucker interacting again. If the show is still going for Taylor/EJ in April I could go for it with Tams in the role as well...Loved EJ/Ava before.

• Members

Oh, Sarah Horton would be fantastic (especially if she had a chip on her shoulder about Maggie's closeness with Melanie). Greta seems more useless to me than Taylor, honestly -- she has NO ties to the canvas besides her weird friendship with Bope. And she has all that convoluted backstory.

• Members

Although she sort of "left Salem to find her father," and Stefano was around at the time, right? Not that any of that [!@#$%^&*] made sense anyway, and they had no idea where they were going with it.

Problem is, if you make her Stefano's daughter, she's related to both EJ and Brady, and the purpose of this character (Taylor/Greta/Sarah/whoever) is clearly to open up the available love interests for men in that age range, so Greta would be very limited.

Guest dc cubs

My guess is Days learned their lesson in not having Livingston test for the role. Natalia wasn't working as Taylor. With that unsuccessful casting, Days realized they needed to test Vaughan with whoever he was going to work with to see if their was chemistry.

When Braun was Ava she already shared scenes with both James Scott and Ari Zucker and had good chemistry with them. That's why Braun didn't need to test for Taylor.

• Members

if they FINALLY revealed that, then it would cement her place with a strong tie on the show. I always wanted it to be John, but they left it open ended and it could very well have been Stefano

Im not saying Greta needs to come to town. She was just an example of a past character who wasnt a newbie that is alot more interesting than Taylor. I can think of a bunch of other females, but she is just one that came to mind

• Members

I'm sure this had to do with the fact that NL had zero chem with Zucker and Scott. Good job days! Tamara does have chem with both and is a much, much better actress.

I don't care that she played Ava. It isn't like she played her yesterday, nor did she play her for long. Days does this A LOT. I see nothing wring with it in a situation like this.

I wonder if this was the casting call that went out a few weeks ago?

• Members

The thing is that sometimes actors have chemistry with other actors in one role but not another - for instance, SJB with Maurice and Steve Burton on GH.

I wonder if they had Tamara test as Taylor even though she has worked with JS and AZ as Ava.

• Members

I love Natalia unlike most here but it was obvious it wasn't working. I like Days and I think the writing was on the wall. The one that shocked me was Ari who gels with almost anyone, there was just nothing there between the 2 actors at all. I actually liked her scenes with Eric M. but since she was brought on as Nicole's sister and in a triangle of sorts, it was obvious if that was not working they needed to do something.

As far as Tamara, I don't like her never did but she and Ari worked really well together last go around so maybe it will work fine. BUt the idea of someone coming in as a new character is always kind of odd to me. Why couldn't they bring her back as her original character? Just doesn't make sense.

• Members

Taylor is supposed to be Nicole's younger sister. Tamara is older than Arianne and looks her age. She is miscast and if I have to accept her as Taylor, the age will always get in the way as the character will now automatically look like Nicole's big sis

Archived