Daytime Emmy Pre-Noms

dragonflies

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy crap! Those Supporting Actress races on AMC, DAYS, and Y&R are gonna be really tough to call. Yet, watch Y&R do some atrocious sh!t like pre-nomming Bregman & Heinle or Riegel. Really, their race should be between Tricia Cast, Laura Stone, Marcy Rylan, and Sean Young. Betcha none of them gets through.

• Members

The AMC Lead Actress nom is definitely going to be a tough call. IDK about Susan Lucci, I don't recall any work from her in 2010 that was really that striking. 2012 should definitely be her year to be nominated again though, she should instantly submit the stuff from this past January. I think it's a tight race between DM, RB, & AM. I hope AM gets nominated because she really deserves it, no not because I love her, LOL, but she really acted her ass off during the months of November & December. It will be shocking to me if she isn't nommed. And thank god she submitted herself in lead this time, I was fearing she'd put herself in supporting again!

I think MEK, DC, & VI are the only ones really deserving of being nominated for lead on AMC. It would be nice if DC was nominated...he should have been nominated last year but wasn't.

MCE & JL should definitely have shots in supporting.

Nancy Lee Grahn, Brianna Brown, Kimberly McCoullough, Lexie Ainsworth, Chad Duell, & Jonathan Jackson all deserve noms for GH.

Flannery should be a lock for B&B, as should Kim Matula.

I thought Mark Hapka was way younger! Wow, well I hope he gets nominated because he did fantastic as Nathan during that quarantine S/L. Sweeney, Chappel, Rogers, Bjorlin, Burnett, Hennig, & Massey all deserve the noms if they get them.

• Members

WTF was with Joe Mascolo not submitting himself. To each their own I suppose, but this was a very strong year for him, he absolutely could have been nominated.

I agree about Lauren Koslow, she has amazing material to draw from this year and I think she's definitely got a strong reel thanks to varied performances. At the same time, I feel Arianne Zucker should be in the Lead category, so her position in Supporting is suspect.

I actually think DAYS has the best pre noms, very widely dispersed.

Ideally, it'll shake down to these finalists:

Lead Actress: Lauren Koslow and Alison Sweeney

Lead Actor: John Aniston and James Scott

Supporting Actress: Arianne Zucker and Suzanne Rogers

Supporting Actor: Mark Hapka and Jay Johnson

Younger Actress: Molly Burnett and Shelley Hennig

Younger Actor: Casey Deidrick and Chandler Massey

Since we all know that it comes down to "The Tapes" Lauren Koslow COULD actually stand to nab a nod and depending on how she's judged, she COULD win (the same is true for everyone, it's all subjective). My point is that Koslow DOES have "The Tapes" necessary to be formally nominated and win. In fact, I think she has much stronger tapes than anyone else in the cast.

• Members

Ummmm... isn't that the entire cast of AMC? I don't get it. The only people off the top of my head not nomintated is Cameron Mathison and JR Martinez. Dixie, Opal, Bianca, Brooke, Cara, Amanda? I mean I love these ladies, but what have they really done to be worthy of a big Emmy this year? Jack?

ETA: Oh, these are just the people who submitted themselves... some people should think twice, for real.

• Members

I want to see Julia Barr win so AMC can justify why they fired her without even a goodbye on air and why they don't want her back full time. Maybe a tie with Cady McClain. That would be just too rich for words.

Jane Elliot's inclusion seems odd. I hope this is not a clue that they are writing her out and wanted to give her a moment of thanks. She has been the best actress on GH year after year and never was noticed, so why now.

Archived