AMC: Actress leaves!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, she has had a steady paycheck for 14 years...And she worked before that. She probably has a pretty penny saved. Not to mention, I suspect Frons had a lot to do with her being let go from GH.

Nonetheless, if they offer her Annie, I sure hope that she accepts.

I think AMC might be the only soap that wouldn't waste her if they hired her.

• Members

IDK about that. Her final scenes were taped last week, she last airs next month, and Annie sort of jumped back into BSC mode rather abruptly after just being bitchy and devious and fabulous for most of last year. I think this is their way of writing her out while trying to do something big for sweeps.

And the show was TOTALLY going for JR/Annie all through the fall and early winter. Annie was well-received almost universally, she was driving story, one of the top 5 in appearances, definitely on her way to another Emmy nomination, etc. MCE was sitting in a pretty plum spot, and, not taking into account any behind the scenes drama that might have led to her decision to leave or any other personal issues, she really didn't have any reason to leave besides the ones most young actors have for leaving soaps: bigger, better things. And she'll definitely get them, too.

• Members

A massive, unsurprising mistake. Melissa Egan has been carrying this show for a while. But you could tell by the spoilers, the day to day writing and the writer's comments on Annie/JR/NuMarissa that they wanted Annie out. This show is done.

• Members

I didn't think she was that special . I don't know what all the hoopla is all about. AMC must really be in deep s h i t if this is big news!!

She probably realizes that AMC doesn't have much time left and she wants to find another more permenant job.

Archived