OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 17

• Members

Heather Tom is a good actress, however her Kelly is IMO a large part of the reason why it's tough to warm up to Kelly now. I mostly blame Higley because the Duke/Zane story was so disgusting however HT played Kelly like the perpetual victim, always snotting and crying for sympathy with crocodile tears a la Brooke Logan from B&B as though her ish didn't stink. She also had virtually no chem or natural rapport with KDP or Robin Strasser.

I also co-sign Vangie becoming a sanctimonous simp the second she screwed over RJ.

Oh gosh, and I had forgotten how much JVD was struggling under Higley. He seems much more comfortable now and has really made Clint his own.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love HT, but completely agree. I will never understand the argument from some long time viewers that HT was better in the role. I don't blame Tom at all. It was all Higley's non understanding of the character and OLTL in general.

• Members

I thought Heather basically made up the character from scratch, and considering how poorly written and withdrawn Kelly was for most of GT's first run, I could see why.

I didn't realize that Jerry initially played Clint with a quasi-drawl. I'm glad that he dropped that.

Everything seemed very uber-dramatic and overly exagerrated in the scenes I was watching...especially with Bree.

I can see why people hated the "good" version of Adrianna.

• Members

Doesn't Vimal's wife kind of remind you of Natalie? And Kim? Ugh, that dialogue though, they are trying too hard, and I don't like how Vimal sounds like a curried Spinelli.

When lady Vimal was doing that speech and they showed Ford looking at Brody and Jess with the baby I was like, "NOOOOOO!!!" :lol:

• Members

It looks to me like Cutter's options of having family ties to someone in town is increasingly limited. He's been face-to-face with Joey and I've gotten no impression of a family connection between them. Today, he finally came face-to-face with Brody. Brody feels that he knows Cutter from somewhere, but I got no family vibe from that scene at all in either of the two. I guess Cutter is a lone wolf after all.

• Members

I'm still a little confused about this thing with Vimal...I tuned out for a while, and just getting back into it.

Which paternity test did clint WANT him to switch? I know he's not sure which one he actually did switch, but which one did Clint WANT him to switch?

• Members

I thought this was neat...and a nice shout out to someone from OLTL:

Art in Review

'DAY JOB'

By KEN JOHNSON

Published: January 20, 2011

35 Wooster Street, SoHo

Through Feb. 3

Few artists make a lot of money from their vocations; most need other sources of income. Entertaining and sociologically intriguing, "Day Job" presents works by 23 artists who explain in written statements how they pay the rent.

Predictably, several teach. Alexa Horochowski, a sculpture instructor at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota, presents a striking three-dimensional drawing in space: a crystalline structure made of clear, acrylic rods sitting on a geometrically irregular mirror.

Alex Gingrow, who works as a mat cutter in a Manhattan frame shop, makes witty, oversized simulations of the title stickers that galleries often adhere to the reverse sides of framed works. One that copies a Marianne Boesky Gallery label is for a nonexistent work called, "I'm looking for something in green to match my client's yacht."

A mechanical assembler of satellite communications equipment, Pasquale Cortese creates optically gripping black-on-white ink drawings of interweaving, finely striated bands that seem futuristic and mysteriously transcendental.

Some artists are able to do their personal projects while on the job. Working as a scenic artist for the television soap opera "One Life to Live," Tom Hooper uses sheets of illustration board as desk blotters on which, over time, random coffee-cup and paint stains, doodling, note-taking and weird faces and figures accumulate into abstract and surrealistic visual jam sessions.

Caroline Falby might have the toughest occupation. A stay-at-home mom with twin boys, she draws elaborate cartoon allegories of personal experience and global politics using sources as diverse as children's books, Japanese prints and newspaper front pages.

A version of this review appeared in print on January 21, 2011, on page C30 of the New York edition.

• Members

Its beyond stupid of Clint to not specify which daughter's test, he wanted to have switched. Vimal was supposed to just assume it was Jessica? I cant beleive Clint didnnt provide a name for him to go by. This is a flaw in this story.

Vimal's wife is hot. Anyone else think she looks like Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald? lol

Archived