OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 17

• Members

I agree. I miss Kevin, Hugh, and HT's Kelly! I don't know why those idiotic "focus groups" wanted to get rid of DG/Kevin.

I actually like Tess and Nash too though. I think Bree Williamson is better as Tess than as Jessica. Even during the Tess 2.0 saga with her hilarious mugging, scenery chewing, and mustache twirling.

I didn't like Natalie during the Higley era. And I thought DF and MA had chemistry. Apparently not, based on their scenes in today's repeat.

Oh God, no. I just saw Evie Wonder.... I don't know what's worse, her or Todd/John.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First of all, LOL at "Evie Wonder", how the hell did I miss that one?

I can see where those focus groups were coming from if this was the Kevin they saw in every clip. Missing mentally ill sister shows up at the door and he's all, "Where's my mom!? :angry: " and to Dorian, "You answered our phone?? :angry: " He comes across like one of the spoiled little rich kids in Six Degrees of Separation.

It's amazing how seemingly subtle hair changes look so dramatic in hindsight.

• Members

Looking back this show was even more like Bizarro World than I realized at the time. Everyone trips over themselves to apologize to Dorian and Tess while Kevin gets [!@#$%^&*] on. What the [!@#$%^&*]? This is worse than I remember, and I do remember.

• Members

Robin wasn't toned down back then; I love her, but since she came back to the show she's often pretty broad. This was a slow day and it was part of Higley's love affair with Dorian and Clint. She basically turned Dorian into "More Interesting Viki" since she hated Viki.

• Members

Matt Metzger, wonderful. Thanks Mrs. Frons. This was a terrible story and a terrible SORAS.

JVD's Clint was useless until Higley left. He was basically brought on to rubber-stamp and sanctify Tess, Nash and Dorian. It is nauseating watching him tiptoe around Tess all hour long.

• Members

Heather Tom has always looked better with her natural hair color. She looks terrific on BB.

Dan Gauthier turned [!@#$%^&*] into gold during that era. They way they consistently crapped upon his character was downright criminal.

It was great seeing Evangeline again. I wish Renee and ABC could have found mutual ground. She was such a great character despite the ridiculous halo perched upon her head.

Archived