OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 17

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joey Joey Joey. I so want to root for him. The actor is likeable and very handsome. He's a legacy character. I just can't get past his lack of intelligence. He's a big dumb schmuck. I find myself rooting for Cutter, who I don't find appealing on any level, to take him for every dime he's worth. Why are they ruining Joey?

I don't get Marty's breakdown. What is she so flippin' heartbroken over? Her son in prison? The 6-week old fetus she lost 9 months ago? All of it? Well, break out the violin. Her sob story is one of many on the show. I'd rather see her keep her sanity and continue being a bitch than have the show try (and fail) to force me to feel sorry for her. She was wailing so much today that I cheered when the nervous hospital finally took her away. A fierce bitch turning into a weak sloppin' mess is the easy way out. Too bad. Marty was finally a viable character again.

What the hell were John and Natalie thinking not putting a security guard at the nursery? A lunatic who wants their baby is in the hospital and they think a security guard who makes $5/hr is going to be able to keep their son safe. Those 2 need some parenting classes.

I always find it funny when people think a story brings an actor to life. Michael Easton chooses to act some days and not act on others. It doesn't seem to matter what the story is. It seems to matter only what his mood that day is. Maybe he had a really great bagel that morning? Whatever the reason, the guy should "come alive" no matter what the story is. He gets paid enough, no?

• Members

I think I'm supposed to root for Kelly in this Kelly vs. Aubrey fight, but I'm getting slightly more enjoyment out of Aubrey. I'm not a fan of either character, but I can tolerate Aubrey a lot more. I just have not been able to warm up to Kelly and I don't think I ever will.

Marty's breakdown made me laugh today. I get that she's devastated over Cole, but . . . who cares? I'm not buying this obsession she has over Natalie's baby, considering she hates Natalie and believes the baby to be Brody's. I think I missed something here. RC (IMO) has taken Marty's psychotic behavior over-the-limit and she's heading into Cartoon Villainy territory.

The only part of the Inez story today that I liked is that she told Bo and Nora that she and Bo didn't have sex.

• Members

Because Joey isn't a rapist, or a constantly philandering, dead-eyed sleaze, or a chia pet who constantly has to pull monkey faces and have his paternity rewritten every year to try to make him a star, or somebody who barely bothers to make eye contact with other characters. That means Joey is weak, and pathetic, and can only be brought back to give story to others. That's likely also why they moved Josh Kelly, when they decided they liked him, into another role. Cookie Cutter is another generic sleaze we're supposed to love. Joey is just another loser who will likely be gone by the end of the year.

Archived