OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 17

• Members

In the past it wasn't his main purpose, but today I can't think of anything else Clint does and since they always need a plot device, he fits that role at the expense of any character he ever was. I think the show sees Todd, John, Rex, and Bo as more of leading men. And possibly Ford.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually am a huge TSJ fan and love watching his scenes...I don't understand when people say he's notTodd because to be honest, I don't think Howarth and Trevor have had that much of the same writing for the character. I feel like he plays what he's supposed to and I find him hilarious. And when he's actually given something to do I find that he can and does deliver.

• Members

I actually really like both Vimal and Rama- although at this point they're just being used to drive the storyline- it's good to see some diversity on the show. I like them both so I wouldn't mind them sticking around.. perhaps at the expense of Gigi, Nate, Ford?

I like Cutter AND Aubrey and I think the scene with Jess/Nat was definitely a chemistry test for BOTH women... I guess we'll see how his character catches on, because I see him entering into someone's orbit soon besides just Kelly/Aubrey.

• Members

JvD has two supporting actor emmys from the 90s for GL--he won two years back to back 95 and 96. What is funny is Erika Slezak also won both of those years.

I didn't mind Rama, but she's been on for less than a week. I don't hate Vimal, though diversity in Llanview of that way coming via England makes more sense than if they were natives of that part of PA.

• Members

I think JvD should definitely win for Best Actor. However, I'm sure he knows with all the prejudice in the whole system, he won't win that category. He'll probably submit best supporting actor, and I hope he wins. He's great. One of the best recasts of all time, IMO.

I like Rama. She's very funny. Although for a minute I thought it was Lindsay Hartley, and I was confused and thought maybe I was watching All My Children. :D

Vimal is a hoot.

• Members

I agree, for all of Clint's dirty deeds, JVD has tempered them with his understated choices and has not by any means sunk to moustache twirling. Honestly, for all the "damage" it appears that the writers are doing to the character, it's JVD who is saving the character's integrity (and his own employed ass) by the way he's handling Clint. He is still selling that Clint is "sick" per se, not too far gone or totally irredeemable. I still would buy him seeing the light and turning himself around in half an episode tops.

Archived