OLTL: Discussion for the week of January 17

• Members

I watched the episode twice (I happened to like it that much), and I think you and Cheap missed something. Vimal said very clearly that when he got to the DNA lab, he found that (in addition to Rex's DNA test) the DNA tests for both Buchanan daughters. Immediately after that he said he suddenly couldn't remember which of the two Buchanan daughters' tests he'd been instructed to change. Rama wondered why he simply didn't call Clint to verify the name, to which Vimal responded that he was too afraid of the consequences. Perhaps not the best reason, but a reason all the same - and given Vimal's characterization thus far as a bit of a bootlicker, entirely believable.

EricMontreal22, I personally disagree with your description of Rama as a cliched Indian princess. The actress is straight out of India; therefore, what is inappropriate or cliched about the way she talks? The language she used didn't strike me as particularly subcontinental; to me she sounded educated - and it's not like she was quoting the Mahabharata anywhere. In fact, her first line ("lazy men are soon poor, hard workers get rich") is right out of Proverbs. She was strong, confident and caring; she's clearly the dominant personality in her relationship with Vimal; these are qualities that traverse cultures; nor are they often seen in the female half of married relationships on soaps. I for one found her to be a breath of fresh air and highly amusing.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yup, that's what happened.

Vimal: Mr. Buchanan told me to find his daughter's paternity test and make sure Brody Lovett was the father. But when I got to the lab I discovered that both of his daughters were having paternity tests done on their babies...........When I got there, I suddenly couldn't remember which one. I had no idea which test to change.

So Clint did tell Vimal to change Jessica's test because Clint still doesn't know Natalie slept with Brody. It was Vimal's fault for not remembering. But like Jehosefat said, it was lazy writing for Vimal to just forget.

• Members

"WalkerTodd?" Did I fall asleep and get transported back to fall 2003? :rolleyes:

Ha. You tried.

You're right, Andrew Carpenter, Billy Douglas, Dylan Moody (hey, you're not the only one who can drudge up the past to be petty) and Natalie's baby are.

TSJ is the best actor on the show. :wub:

• Members

TSJ best actor on the show? :lol: The show is truly doomed. That's like saying Farah Fath is the best actress on the show

Nah Marty is Todd's victim too many times to count

I dunno, did you? This character is so unrecognizable they might as well start calling him Walker again

• Members

Ugh, I can't take this Ford story. I don't care about any of them. I don't even know their first names, that is how little I care about them.

I also have almost no interest in who painted some picture of Blair unless it leads to Roger Howarth's return. I have tried to like TSJ's Todd, but I don't, I just call him Walker. Tea looked like she was doing a Quaker Oats commercial with that fugly shirt.

I enjoyed the Viki/Clint and Viki/Nora scenes today, that's about it. Oh and the Bo/Nora/Matthew scenes were fine, but they should just go ahead and tell him the truth. Eventually everyone is going to find out what Clint did sooner or later.

• Members

You see that still doesnt make sense bc Vimal didnt seem to know that Clint had two pregnant daughters till he told him they both gave birth. That scared the sh-t out of him and only then did he seem to realize he might have made a mistake. From this recounting to his wife, it makes it seem as if he saw that both daughters were pregnant when he saw the computer screen and got confusd, but that isnt consistent with his reaction to Clint earlier this week

• Members

I don't think his main purpose is to drive stories for others, but right now he is, so in that case he's a hell of a supporting actor and I'm going to agree with Dee Dee and say if he doesn't at least get that award it would be an injustice.

Archived