Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thanks @BoldRestless that was a lot of fun, and very important to have as a tribute to their contributions to Y&R (the closest we'll get, anyway). Wish we could have had some of this in the episodes. 

I'm glad they did mention Victoria Mallory.

Given that they mention Brad I wonder if there was any attempt at interviewing Janice or JLB with Tom Hallick, unless there's some bad blood there.

@vetsoapfan you may enjoy this interview if you haven't already seen it.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had not caught this interview until you pointed it out to me. Thank you so much @DRW50! It was a treat!

I also wish we could have had some interactions like this with their characters on the show.

Acknowledging Victoria Mallory with such respect was sweet.

I found it amusing that Jaime Lyn Bauer mixed up Lorie's book titles Naked at Dawn and In My Sister's Shadow. I instantly caught her error. Die-hard fans can remember even the most obscure details.

I don't believe there's bad blood with JL and Tom Hallick. She's in the classic Y&R Facebook group, and she has often posted very glowing comments about Hallick, their characters' storyline, and working with him.

• Members

Naked at Dawn was her first book from 1974 right? Impressive that JLB remembered that one at all. 

I'm betting the party was hectic and Michael just managed to get certain people together and not others for no other reason than it must have been difficult to co-ordinate.

Edited by will81

• Members

I just checked. She wrote and published Naked at Dawn in September 1974 while Leslie was still in Fairview.

Maybe it tanked and she re-released it like In My Sister's Shadow which was released first in 1975 and went nowhere (Vanessa re publicised it and made it popular in 1978) 

Or maybe Bell forgot about the 1974 book and they named her later book Naked at Dawn by accident. Lorie clearly states in September 1974 that her book is Naked at Dawn. 

Edited by will81

• Members

Yes, Naked at Dawn was the first book Lorie had written. She penned In My Sister's Shadow later on, about her contentious relationship with Leslie.

I imagine Fairman might have just jumped on duos or groups of people who were already talking to each other anyway, and asked them for brief interviews. With prior planning, it would have made sense to include Tom Hallick.

• Members

My recollection is Naked At Dawn was first, and it was written under the pseudonym "S.M. Brand".  It was loosely based on her collegiate experiences in Europe, and it annoyed Stuart Brooks.  The next one was In My Sister's Shadow and was a hatchet job on Leslie, which led to more contention between Lorie and Leslie.  

• Members

On the Wings of Idiots was definitely one of Traci's epics, because that's about the most patronizing title I've ever heard of.  We used to laugh about it on the old Mediadomain boards, that Traci was flying high, "on the wings of idiots".  About the same time, Francesco Quinn's character was publishing Master of the Dust and The Secret Flower.  Nina Webster was working on A Cry in Thin Air.  Cole had one too -- Hope in a Bottle (?)  They were ALL writing best-sellers for a while there.  

• Members

I Didn't Even Know About "Naked At Dawn" until I put this Clip Together:

But "In My Sister's Shadow" is quite a Classic! I believe Leslie had 2 Breakdowns over It!

In A Re-Aired Episode from 2004 Drucilla Recalls her humble beginnings and it Features Veronica Redd and It certainly wasn't long after Her First Meeting with Ray's Mamie, My Guess Would Be Marguerite Ray Left By Friday and On Monday Redd Was There, Like Brenda Dickson and Bond Gideon in 1980

• Members