DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

Idk about that justification for Laura's rape 

I do wish PFS had stayed at Days a little longer. A while back, I was reading through some summaries of her run on Jason47, and she was probably planning to introduce three more Dimera brothers further down the line. That would have been interesting to see. 

I did laugh though when I read the summary of the first time Stefano met Marlena, and thought to himself that she would make a good daughter in law 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Of course! Thnx. Just hit my first thought & didn't go any further.

Please register in order to view this content

Not long ago, earlier this year, I dug up some information about who thought what about the rape being rebranded as a seduction. PFS was that she was dead set against it, but the order came down & it would've meant her job, ... makes for interesting thinking about the situation it put her in. One yr GH paid her a cool mil. One year her contract had a line item "bonus" of $35,000 for "creative thinking." Oh, and supposedly she told Bill Bell that he could never put Laura & Bill together later & he just told her to wait & see.

• Members

I love this btw! Thanks for bringing it to the thread!

I don't think anyone ever spoke about the real reason, but there are many plausible ones off the top of my head. 

1. Money to pay her.

2. DH was still salty over being fired and said no.

3. Higley seemed to actively hate Marlena and John/Marlena.  After they were fired, Higley made a very focused effort to move Maggie into a Marlena like position and tried to move as far away as possible from even mentioning Marlena.  To me it seemed quite obvious Higley wanted to move Days in a new direction and bringing Marlena back would only remind people she was gone and start that fan uproar again.  This is just my speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if Deidre just wasn't asked.  Alice/Marlena were close, but not close enough for it to be a huge, glaring absence.