DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

My I wanna get there like this, Bill is a Tough Act to follow but a great example to be admired, I thought my Great Grandma

Please register in order to view this content

was That but she died at 94 and half crazy, I remember actually feeling nervous when they brought the New Possession Plot because I thought they would have Doug really suffering from Alzheimer's And write him off like they always do, I guess there is Some real magic on DOOL many actors that work There Live Really Long

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When Days moves to Peacock Plus, there will be a huge backlog of episodes left to stream; episodes already "in the can," produced under the present punitive, cheap conditions and written by the dread RC. 

As it is, such a small number of people watch this mess for FREE; how many viewers are going to search it out on a streaming service and PAY to watch it?

A new writing team and production format should have been in place for the launch on Peacock, to give old and new viewers an incentive to tune in. Six more months of the same old crap won't cut it.

• Members

Currently watching a stream on the Retrontario Youtube channel...it repeats but not sure how much longer they will be going. Anyway, one of the specials shown was a late '70s or early '80s PSA on VDs, and I was surprised to see Wayne Northrop pop up in a segment - he played a guy who was camping with another guy and trying to figure out whether he could have gotten syphilis from his girlfriend. 

• Members

In past years this would have happened. I can't imagine how Bill Bell or the Cordays (not Ken) would have reacted in a similar situation. I know the industry  they worked in is gone, it's not just about soaps and lack of respect for them - look at the ugly way those working at the Discovery properties have been treated this month - but you can see the lack of care in everyone involved being blindsided by this move. There's no way this dogshit is going to attract  paying customers, unless DAYS has a billionaire fan out there who can keep things afloat. It's something I just try not to even think much about because the whole thing is sad. No soap should be set up to fail that way. I guess this is the monkey's paw of the production schedule that has kept DAYS on for a decade as, essentially, a zombie soap, but it still feels wrong.

• Members

No doubt TPTB wanted to use the huge backlog of episodes they already had in the can, even if everyone knows the show has been garbage for many years. Soap fans' expectations have been whittled down to almost nothing, and many folks seem to accept any content, no matter how putrid, because "it's better than nothing." But...is it? When people say to me that we mustn't rock the boat by criticizing today's soaps; that we must accept whatever crap they give us and still remain "loyal," or else the genre will die out completely...well, the genre is dying anyway. Maybe because today's audience is too willing to passively accept the sh*t, even though it's driving everyone away?

• Members

I think there are many complex reasons why soaps have already declined as much as they have, which is most of the way gone, and will continue to slide into the abyss. And, I don't think at this point that fan reaction makes one iota of difference. If the small niche market that watches these last 4, enjoy it or hate it & still watch, then I think that's okay. I'm watching 2 soaps again. There are things I complain about. There are things I like. I quit them for years & I feel no guilt about that. With the end of the last four, something changed.