DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

november 1966

BTW is there a conscense on Who's the best Laura after Susan? who i understand made legendary stuff with the role; Floy Dean, Susan Oliver, Rosemary Forsyth or Jaime Lyn Bauer? I love Jaime but of what i've seen of her Laura in the 1990's she was one hot mess lol especially compared with what i heard of the Previous Lauras

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

ONLY EVE BIRTHDAYS...

Fun Fact: Abigail Klein (Stephanie) becomes the third "Days" contract actor to be born on Christmas Eve, joining Patrice Chanel (Gail Carson) and Mark Valley (Jack Deveraux). Two "Days" contract actors have New Year's Eve birthdays: Don Diamont (Carlo Forenza) and Margaret Mason (Linda Anderson). While there are five "Days" actors in total to have birthdays on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, no "Days" contract actors have ever been born on Christmas Day or New Year's Day.

• Members

A question regarding Susan Oliver.

How did viewers of the time regard her portrayal? She had big shoes to fill but was an accomplished actress.

Signing her was quite a coup for Days as she was a respected primetime actress. 

What were the circumstances regarding her short stay?

Was there negative viewer reaction or did  Susan not adjust to daytime?

• Members

Sounds like she was out of money, the one year at Days helped fill her bank account, and then she asked to leave to work on a movie.  Just found these for you:

10/3/75:

Please register in order to view this content

2/13/76:

6/21/76:

I also stumbled into this fun find when I was looking up Susan Oliver:

THE FIRST "DAYS" CRITIC??

Vince Leonard, TV critic for The Pittsburgh Press who died in 2019, might have been the first ever TV critic hoping for the cancellation of "Days"...one week after it debuted! Here's his response to a fan, which appeared in the November 15, 1965 issue, who asked why "Moment of Truth" (the soap "Days" replaced) had been cancelled:

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Thanks Jason for those articles.

I wonder if Susan only agreed to a year in the first place?

Maybe story wise they would have been better off biting the bullet and killing off Laura, leaving Bill a grieving widower,

Kind hearted Maggie feels sorry for him and becomes a mother figure to Jennifer and they get closer. Jealous Mickey finds it difficult to handle...

• Members

I liked Jaime Lyn Bauer as Laura, but obviously it was a huge retooling of the character. They de-aged her by a decade, and her mental illness became her primary characteristic -- it would've been nice if they'd had a long-term goal of building her back into who the prior Laura(s) had been, but they basically just let her be "Jennifer and Mike's mom who spent many years in a sanitarium."

• Members

AWW NUTS! Can't believe It! I was Going To Save The Pre'1992 episodes this weekend, Had just begun 2000 and enjoyed it, You Know what's worst??? It's probable She doesn't even Know yet, she said she was going to Her Mother's House where there's basically no wifi according to her, imagine going out for a few days and find out over A Year's work lost