DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for the tag!  I thought Susan was being rather nasty to David as well lol.  It's not like it's only David's fault.  Although I am a little unclear why young Julie is so into him.   He knocked up and married your best friend.  I.....don't think he's much of a catch.   Why would an 18 year old want a guy with a divorce and kid under his belt lol?

Also Poor Susan's mom.  Maybe Susan could have set this up a little better.  Like mentioning David once or twice before this.

• Members

According to DA- Bill Bell was busy trying to get Y&R prepped, he had focused a lot of story on her, and needed time to figure out where he wanted Susan to go next while letting other stories take center stage.  While that was happening her contract expired, and they all decided to negotiate again in good faith once things had settled a bit.  ABC found out and offered her a lot more money, originally to come in as a doctor they were testing with Steve Hardy but didn’t really have an actual character for her (which is why Lesley’s backstory is so convoluted).  They just wanted her star power.  Betty Corday told her to accept the deal as it was not something they would be able to match.  She described them as lovely people.

I can see why she was never brought back- once PFS left the first time, the show moved away from most of those Bell characters and stories.  Then by the time she was free again, DAYS was firmly infested with the Brady family, and Doug and Julie were gone.  They were not really investing in characters like Susan Hunter anymore, especially at her age.

What I always wondered was why Bell never used her again.  I could see her as a foil for Stephanie, possibly as the Logan matriarch pretty easily.  He seemed to love writing for her if her DAYS experience is any indication.

• Members

Julie and David had been a couple before his hook-up with Susan.  Tom made them break up.  That's when David had his drunken hook-up with Susan (I think in his car).  Julie and David had started seeing each other in secret after that (before they learned Susan was pregnant).

• Members

@victoria foxton Thanks for tagging me

I always loved Denise in both Days and GH. She has such a natural acting style.

The scene with Susan and her mother Diane is well done. Introducing her to David for the first time.....as her husband, haha. Susan being mean to David, calling him lover - the way DA says it too is great. Julie still blaming herself for everything and David just wanting it all over with.

Bill Bell really knew how to build a character, so that episodes like this worked. The reason they can't do this sort of episode anymore is because there is barely any character building/development anymore. It is more story based, with characters servicing the plot. That isn't how a soap works best.