The Dark Knight Rises

Sylph

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Interesting choice in Anne.... I am kind of also disappointed the other villain will be Bane.... oh well. I trust Nolan, he has failed to ever let me down. I love Anne Hathaway and think she is a very capable actress. Lets hope this surprising choice for Catwoman turns out the same way Heath Ledger as The Joker turned out ;) Anything half as good as that will be a success in my books.

• Members

Bane is not a tier 1 villain?! HE BROKE BATMAN'S BACK!!!

The Batman and Robin version was a joke. It's great that Bane will get the treatment he deserves. Hardy is great and he had a very Bane-like look when he was in "Bronson" so I look forward to this. I love that Nolan takes on different villains and not only the same ones the first franchise did.

And in what universe is Anne not hot? Did anyone see her in Get Smart? She was sexy as all hell and played a very edgy role. Take a look at these pics:

anne-hathaway-mark-hom.jpg

AnneHathaway.jpg

annehathaway0-1.jpg&t=1

Girl is HOTTER than hell and can act, which is what you want. You don't want just a pretty face or to go with someone just because they look the part. She's not what she was in the Princess Diaries anymore and she was hot even then. I don't see how she is unconventional. She has a sweetness about her but that is nothing a little black leather and some special hairstyling can't take care of. She's played edgy roles before. Even if you have doubts, Nolan has more than earned the benefit of the doubt. He knows what he is doing.

• Members

Bane is not even a tier 4 villain. He is about as uninteresting as it gets being basically a pro wrestler. The guy has muscles, takes drugs and beats people up. As I said, so did The Ultimate Warrior. The writer of this movie should be ashamed of himself for scraping so far down the bottom of the barrel when classic villains like The Penguin and Riddler were available. Hell, even The Gentleman Ghost would have made a more interesting movie.

• Members

Bane was great in the comics and Nolan will likely add alot to him. In Batman Begins, he took two villains who weren't considered major and made them interesting and realistic. Those two villains were able to carry a movie. He will do the same with Bane and he also has Selina/Catwoman involved so he does have at least one major villain involved if Bane doesn't work out, which I doubt will be the case.

The Penguin and Riddler have been done. Nolan at least tries to be fresh and do new things that have not been done unlike most directors/writers who use the same villains time after time in these franchises. It also seems like he didn't want to do anything that would be too similar to The Joker and The Riddler, at times, can be. Nolan's movies all have had different feels to them so I think using the Riddler would've created a similar feel to The Dark Knight.

• Members

Katie Holmes was a million times better than that awful, dreadful recast.

I think Anne will do fine. She is a great actress, can be sexy or not, and has never done anything like this before so thats exciting. Everyone questioned Chris Bale's casting as Batman and heath as the joker as well. Nolan knows what he is doing here.

Has it been said she will actually be seen as catwoman? Or just Selina Kyle?

Why is everyone questioning Bane being in the film and Anne being cast? Were ya disappointed in TDK or BB? I have faith until proven wrong here.

Archived