The Dark Knight Rises

Sylph

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Here's the full article: Christopher Nolan reveals title of third Batman film and that ‘it won’t be the Riddler’

Yeah, Nolan isn't that big on 3D:

Nolan: ‘Dark Knight Rises’ finds the future in IMAX, not 3-D

Christopher Nolan’s dim view of a Hollywood craze: ‘I’m not a huge fan of 3-D’

I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt would've been awesome as Riddler. As for the villain(s) in TDKR, I'm going to guess Penguin, and we'll get the introduction of Selina Kyle (I'm assuming they'll be a 4th movie with Catwoman as the villain).

But there are rumours that Tom Hardy has been cast as Det. Harvey Bullock and that they're filming in New Orleans, so some people are speculating Killer Croc as (or one of) the villain(s).

Nolan also likes to do the unexpected, so what if he recast the Joker.

I wish Nolan would just spill it already! LOL

July 20, 2012

• Members

Ohh, how about Egghead and Olga, Queen of the Cossacks?

Actually, even though he was created for the 60s show, King Tut modernized could be a creepy and cool villain. If they don't use the Riddler, Penguin, Mr Freeze or Catwoman..they got nothing but TV show villains. Nobody has been dying for a film version of Bane or Killer Croc.

• Members

Oh yes, I have heard Joseph Gordon-Levitt's name thrown out there as a possible Riddler choice as well. Would have been interesting. I don't think there will be a 4th film (at least with Nolan involved). I seem to recall him stating various times he only is contracted to do three and that's where it ends in his mind. I would love to see what Nolan would do with Selina Kyle/Catwoman, mainly because Catwoman is probably my favourite villain from the Batman franchise. I would be very interested to see his interpretation.

• Administrator

I didn't really like the title "Batman Begins" either.

But "The Dark Knight" is an awesome title. I also like "The Caped Crusader."

I agree. I'm not a big fan of the 3rd rate villains - probably why I just liked, not loved, "Batman Begins". I prefer the Tier 1 villains.

I loved Egghead from the 60's tv show mainly because he always used the word "egg" as a pun. :lol:

• Members

I've struggled with this one..... I see Nolan making a casting choice that would surprise many (much like Heath Ledger being tapped as The Joker). So someone like Angelina Jolie is out IMO... at least I hope so. I'll get back to you on this one. Do you have anyone in mind?

• Administrator

Yeah, Angelina and Marion Cotillard are the obvious choices. I wouldn't mind seeing Nolan throw us another curve ball like he did with Heath. As far as my personal choice, seeing Angelina or Kate Beckinsale in tight leather outfit would be okay with me. :) But I think those actresses are already booked though. Casting doesn't matter too much for me because I trust Nolan.

Archived