Jump to content

As The World Turns Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • DRW50

    2410

  • DramatistDreamer

    1365

  • Soapsuds

    1072

  • P.J.

    652

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ladies look great...Ming looks fantastic and there has to be an angel looking over all Emily Stewarts that they turn out looking great and normal and successful with families. Though Colleen, I am sure it was the lighting and the angle..looked like Krammer's landlady in the episodes he is in Hollywood.  And I feel kinda pervy that I now find little Paul Stenbeck kind of sexy.

 

I was surprised how completely smart and charming everyone was..Ming has a great laugh and I loved  how she loves the word "Oakdale"  and the exchange..."That wasn't legal...well maybe in OAKDALE!" and then Melanie "It was..I have the Oakdale book of laws right here!!!"

Edited by Mitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

They all looked fantastic. Andrew is hot! Melanie and Ming Na are beautiful. The reunion was a lot of fun. Everyone was very chatty. Very few questions were asked during the reunion. It seemed to bother Alan at first as Ming Na and Melanie took over. Looks like Colleen and Andrew might meet. She was thrilled to learn he lives in Florida now.

 

It is a shame that I could've had my Emily and Margo on in the mid 90s in Melanie Smith and HBS. I had no idea Marland wanted Melanie back full time. Instead we got stuck with shrieking KMH version of Emily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

 

They all looked fantastic. Andrew is hot! Melanie and Ming Na are beautiful. The reunion was a lot of fun. Everyone was very chatty. Very few questions were asked during the reunion. It seemed to bother Alan at first as Ming Na and Melanie took over. Looks like Colleen and Andrew might meet. She was thrilled to learn he lives in Florida now.

 

It is a shame that I could've had my Emily and Margo on in the mid 90s in Melanie Smith and HBS. I had no idea Marland wanted Melanie back full time. Instead we got stuck with shrieking KMH version of Emily.

 

I'm getting ready to watch it. I'm so excited! They look fantastic.

 

Andy lives in Florida you say? .....

Please register in order to view this content
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

 

They all looked fantastic. Andrew is hot! Melanie and Ming Na are beautiful. The reunion was a lot of fun. Everyone was very chatty. Very few questions were asked during the reunion. It seemed to bother Alan at first as Ming Na and Melanie took over. Looks like Colleen and Andrew might meet. She was thrilled to learn he lives in Florida now.

 

It is a shame that I could've had my Emily and Margo on in the mid 90s in Melanie Smith and HBS. I had no idea Marland wanted Melanie back full time. Instead we got stuck with shrieking KMH version of Emily.

Colleen seemed a bit tipsy. Alan was making faces. When Colleen took over. Andy's so yummy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great story sharing today. Looking back, I thought Andy's run was longer. It seemed like it was, and I mean that as a compliment because he truly made that character his own.

 

So Melanie could've been Pam. Interesting. And it was lovely to hear about Marie Master and their offscreen relationship 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

 

They all looked fantastic. Andrew is hot! Melanie and Ming Na are beautiful. The reunion was a lot of fun. Everyone was very chatty. Very few questions were asked during the reunion. It seemed to bother Alan at first as Ming Na and Melanie took over. Looks like Colleen and Andrew might meet. She was thrilled to learn he lives in Florida now.

 

It is a shame that I could've had my Emily and Margo on in the mid 90s in Melanie Smith and HBS. I had no idea Marland wanted Melanie back full time. Instead we got stuck with shrieking KMH version of Emily.

This was a good one! And the surprise visit from CZ made it even better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

 

I'm getting ready to watch it. I'm so excited! They look fantastic.

 

Andy lives in Florida you say? .....

Please register in order to view this content
 

Haha...I think u are in Florida too....lol. Yeah he was about to say where because Colleen asked and he was cut off by Alan. 

1 hour ago, victoria foxton said:

Colleen seemed a bit tipsy. Alan was making faces. When Colleen took over. Andy's so yummy. 

Yeah, Alan started making faces really early.

1 hour ago, mango said:

Great story sharing today. Looking back, I thought Andy's run was longer. It seemed like it was, and I mean that as a compliment because he truly made that character his own.

 

So Melanie could've been Pam. Interesting. And it was lovely to hear about Marie Master and their offscreen relationship 

I don't see Melanie as Pam but if she had gotten the role ....Pam would've been interesting and not boring.

1 hour ago, AbcNbc247 said:

This was a good one! And the surprise visit from CZ made it even better.

Yes it was! Interesting Ming Na still is great friends with Vivian Gundaker and praised her for work on ATWT.  And that Colleen refuses to do an LA soap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I've noticed from these reunions is that Marland seemed to have wanted actors to maintain a link with the show, even if only for brief story arcs. 

I really enjoyed the flow of conversation, and then, well...

Alan should try to make it clear that drop-in appearances should be limited to five minutes, not the rest of the show, lol.

When Melanie said she was the worst actor in the beginning, I was like, "Gurl, you weren't even the worst actress in that role!" .

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

What I've noticed from these reunions is that Maryland seemed to have wanted actors to maintain a link with the show, even if only for brief story arcs. 

I really enjoyed the flow of conversation, and then, well...

Alan should try to make it clear that drop-in appearances should be limited to five minutes, not the rest of the show, lol.

Our questions weren't answered. Although Melanie did talk about why she played Emily they way she did.

 

There was so much more to talk about. I could've listened to another hour of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Our questions weren't answered. Although Melanie did talk about why she played Emily they way she did.

 

There was so much more to talk about. I could've listened to another hour of it. 

 

Me too. Each actor did kind of talk about points I was interested in so, I was entertained. They had great conversation, which was the most important thing to me.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bill Bauer said:

This was a good one but I still find Alan insufferable. 

And we were getting a great Patricia Bruder behind the scenes story of her surprised they were going with a 20 something screwing a 16 year old... and Alan comes in and tells us who she is on the show..we know Alan, and Melanie just told us but it stopped the flow...he did that in the Eileen Fulton part where it was just them talking about her and it was cool and natural and he inserts himself.  He must be a real pain in the ass at a party. Ohh..oh, remember I am here!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bill Bauer said:

This was a good one but I still find Alan insufferable. 

 

His lack of perception, lack of historical knowledge, and lack of interviewing skills grates on my nerves. How did he ever get and keep a job at P&G?

 

(I realize that I should not even be asking this question about a company that kept MADD, Goutman, Wheeler, etc., employed. )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy