Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Seeing Michael Logan's tweet reminds me of when, around 1996 or 1997 when he wrote online for TV Guide, he made a dig about her being OTT and some of her fans got on him. Little did anyone know just how much worse online soap writers would get. 

Seeing those comments from her son are very moving. I'm glad to know that to the end she saw that people were appreciating her work on The Doctors. I'm glad she was still with us to experience that boom, as most of the other vets of the show were long gone.

• Members

can’t remember where i read this, but it’s a nice example of elizbeth hubbard’s acting chops:

In the second episode, Lucinda's granddaughter, Faith, is brushing her grandmother's hair and asks why Lucinda's hair is coming out in the brush. There are so many ways that scene could have been written and played. The "soapiest" would have been for Lucinda to have a total emotional meltdown in front of Faith, followed by the requisite, and heart-rending, explanation and apology between grandmother and granddaughter.

But that's not how it happened. Not even close. The drama of that scene was all in Elizabeth Hubbard's face as Lucinda struggled mightily not to let Faith see the pain and terror she was feeling, willing herself not to let go of her emotions until her granddaughter was safely out of the room. It was a powerful moment, and as the students watched, all I could hear was their breathing, punctuated by the occasional sniffle. Nothing illustrates the sorry state of daytime soap opera these days more than the fact that one must be of a certain age to remember when these kinds of moments were not so few and far between.

• Members

Lucinda's breast cancer story and how EH choose to play it was well done.  My late mom was going through the same thing at the time and she said how EH choose to play the realization when she felt the lump, finding out the news, choosing to tell Sierra over Lily first (since Sierra was calmer and didn't make everything about herself), trying alternative treatments, and when she lost her hair.  My mom said it was very accurate especially seeing the hair when brushing her hair.