Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Molly became ambitious once they tossed her in the realm of WOAK. One of my favorite stories from the Sheffer years was the Endicott Awards. But I can agree for the most part, Molly's reign in the beginning was her chasing after d-ck. 

I hated that they destroyed Carly/Lisa's relationship too. I always felt that Lisa would've served as the perfect surrogate mother for Carly--the one person that would've been in Carly's ear, calling her out on her stupidness, yet having love for her as she understood her. Also, I wanted Lisa, Carly, and Barbara to open up a fashion house. The comedic potential and drama that would've provided would've been EPIC. It would've given the women so much, and finally would've allowed Carly to build female friendships--an area she lacked in. 

• Members

I don't even remember what lead to Lisa kicking Carly to the curb. (I think it had to do with John, of all people...) and it just kept on and on through Jack's amnesia, when Lisa was about the only person in Oakdale who didn't find it repulsive for Julia II to keep Jack from his wife and two small children. That tune quickly changed when Julia set her sights on Holden.

• Members

If I right Strike 1 was Fashions business failure in Hong Kong, strike 2 was the bizarre Lisa/John/Carly triangle complete with drunk Lisa trying to stop the wedding, and strike 3 was when Carly had to go work for Lisa as the ladies restroom cleaning attendant (!) following Parker’s paternity reveal.

Worse is they pointlessly temp cast Carmen Duncan as Lisa to bash Carly in those scenes with Sarah Brown’s Julia. I don’t think Lisa and Carly ever interacted again after that for the rest of the show’s run.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Carly lived with Lisa after she returned from Hong Kong and lost Lisa's money. I think Carly even paid her back once she got the $50 million. I'm sure it was mostly a plot point to keep Carly penniless and dependent on Craig for any success. But it was just so un-Lisa. Lisa put up with the stupidest slut of all time, Julie Wendell, but forgiving Carly was a bridge too far.

IIRC, it was Duncan's Lisa who told JuliaII about Carly's ONS with Mike. So Lisa was needed, but it was one of the nastiest things Lisa did in her last 20 years on the show. And no, they didn't interact much after that---Lisa was pretty much relegated to advising the teen scene thereafter.

Maybe Lisa thought she was going to lose the "most married woman in Oakdale" crown or something. But yeah, Lisa was never nice (that I recall) to Carly again. Even John, who loathed Carly, was nice to her for a while after the Spa kidnapping.

• Members

@P.J., not Julie being the stupidest sl-t of all time! 

Please register in order to view this content

But it just never made sense to me why Lisa never forgave Carly. Meanwhile, she forgave Barbara, who stayed going off the spool during the Sheffer era. It just never made any sense. Hell, didn't Lisa forgive and take Marcy under her wing after she made an accusation against Bob? 

I just feel like characterizations of the vets were thrown out the window and their moods were situated to whatever the plot was at the end. And many of the vets didn't have a difference of opinions either. For the most part, Lisa, Kim, Nancy, Emma, Margo, Barbara, and Lucinda were kind of in lockstep toward the antiheroes/heroines during that time... unless they were Katie.  

• Members

I couldn't stand Katie either. The main being reason as aforementioned--Katie could do dumb sh*t, but get away with it with a scolding from Margo and all was forgiven. It used to make my stomach churn how Kim, Nancy, and Margo used to sing her praises. And she became totally unbearable when she became a widow. Plus, I will never get over how her a** lied on Chris and pinpointed him as her stalker. That's why I wasn't here for her and Chris (well Bill Lewis) ending up together. 

• Members

Her Diane Jenkins haircut worked until she CHOPPED it!

It legitimately looked like she let someone take shears and just Edward Scissorhands her hair.

Maura was ever-changing her look. I know she prefers shorter hair on herself, but I always loved the longer look on her. But everyone had those dang baby fringes in the late 1990s/early 2000s. It was all the rage!