As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Jacqueline Schultz and Larry Bryggman.

Ben Jorgensen and Barbara Mandrell's daughter.

Margaret Reed and Michael Swan were together for some of their ATWT run but had split up a few years before she left.

I think PJ said Lisa Brown and Larry Brygmann were together when their characters were paired.

Maura West and Scott DeFrietas.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's sometimes surprising to me that Kirk did manage to stay on the show for ten years leaving in a completely different spot than he came on in. I think Kirk was ruined for me when he knowingly let Lily and Margo take the fall for Diego's murder when he did it himself.

Never knew about the Alexander/Wiggin affair or that Sherri Alexander was Michael Crichton's widow. Wiggin was on GL a year after he left ATWT as a farmer involved with Holly and Annie.

ATWT's final year brought out a scandalous affair between Austin Peck and Terri Colombino allegedly resulting in Peck's firing. Also I remember Hunt Block and Cady McClain were involved at some point.

• Members

Hmmmm..didnt know that either...Props was a beautiful female but that hair totally ruined her look. Jon sure got around....lol. I could see the ladies going after him. He sure was hot until up to 2000 or so....he started losing his hair and that fake hair piece looked back on him. I never understood why he didnt hook up with either Lily...Rattray and especially Byrne.

• Members

The 12/77 synopsis - who was this woman Bob met when she gave Frannie a gift?

I'd never heard of this Mark character.

It seems to me like they were struggling mightily at this time to figure out how to create stories for vital characters - I wonder if they should have been rested instead. I always get this feeling when reading these synopses regrading Susan in the late 70's.

• Members

I have a question and I'm not sure what thread to stick it in, so this seems as good as any. Does anyone know when the soaps (in general) or P&G (in particular) began to produce their soaps on their own? Everyone knows that ATWT, AW, SFT, etc. are P&G soaps, but for years they (and other "sponsored owned" soaps & TV shows) were produced by the advertising agencies FOR the sponsors. I have a 1970 ATWT script and on the cover page it lists the agency as Young & Rubicam, Inc (as does the script for the 1st episode of AW). P&G is mentioned no where on either script.

• Members

I am pretty sure they are now married. The time between the engagement and the marriage was a sneeze and you miss it. She didn't take his last name professionally (she is still credited on OLTL as Terri Conn.) Though with a last name like Peck, I could see why. It's like having a fat person with the last name of Fit.

Also I noticed the show had a huge number of 3 named actresses at one point. Kelley Menigan Hensely, Colleen Zenk Pinter, Alyson Rice Taylor I know there were others. But I remember looking at the cast list and there were a bunch of 3 named actresses.

• Members

Zenk was also credited as Zenk Crouch during her first marriage. Mary Lynn Blanks was one of the Annies. Don't forget Kim Johnston Ulrich.

Yeah, Columbino/Conn and Peck finally made it legal this year, around the 4th of July. (the less said on the merits of being a "-Peck" the better)

Not only were Block/McClain an item, the last I heard, McClain and Lindstrom were.

I finally got around to watching some of the ATWT set. The biggest surprise? Von Furstenberg sounds incredibly like Fulton to me. I wonder if Fulton regrets not working with "son" Dees?

Edited by P.J.

• Members

Jeff Hamlin was smoking HOT...who could anyone say he was not a hunk??? Though he was so nice the only drama would have been Emily screwing up again....unless they revealed Jeff was bisexual but that was probably just my fantasy.

Hated Larry though.