Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I do remember this, MJ came back for the initial custody story if I recall right. At least someone still remembered MJ at this point because he was forgotten after this story.

That doctor lady was completely out of line. John actually ended up losing custody here because of his and MJ's lies. Carly and Molly by this point knew Hal was actually Parker's father. Carly was going to use that fact as a last resort even though she would lose her trust fund. I cheered Carly on all the way because obviously the others involved ie John, Lisa, Rosanna etc were hypocrites. I certainly didn't like John and Carly's Thanksgiving wedding fiasco though. I forget which Brad this was but he and Carly married not long after this.

Joanna Rhineheart as Jessica is worse than I remember here. After Jessica ended things with Ben she did nothing but be the town lawyer. Yvonne Perry is actually better than I remember here, though Cady McClain is an example of when the recast is better than the original. I still remember Molly first meeting Rosanna and insulting her appearance. I loved that little snippy remark Carly made to Ro after winning, and then Ro running out with her tail between her legs.

• Members

This was Roy Eudon, the Brad they hurriedly cast after the first left.

I read that if the 90 minute AW had been a success, they would have made ATWT 90 minutes. It just shows the strange planning of P&G in these years - ATWT, which was having ratings erosion and a major identity crisis in 1979...time to expand to 90 minutes???

• Members

That's kind of shocking P&G wanted ATWT wanted to expand to 90 minutes, I thought was more of NBC's demand. I highly doubt CBS would have gone along with the plan. They were too busy pressuring Y&R to expand.

I've always been more curious about Mary-Ellis Bunim's plan to move ATWT production to LA there in 1983/1984. How much of the cast would have made the move? If AMC convinced Susan Lucci, could ATWT convince Eileen Fulton? Would we have ended up with something like Melissa Reeves in the role of Lily?

• Members

That's interesting. I wonder if it had happened how it would have worked in the long run. All soaps that seemed to move from NYC to LA were on their last legs, with the possible exception of GL on the radio changing up production locales for a short time. ATWT was in fairly decent shape I imagine the transition could have been smooth.

• Members

Good point. I didn't realize the topic of moving was that early in Bunim's tenure. We would have never gotten Helen Wagner back.

Regarding NYC: One reason I miss Law & Order is because numerous ATWT, AW, and GL actors would pop up as guest stars over the years. I recall Michael Zaslow was a lawyer in one or two eps. Recently I saw a 1992 rerun with Finn Carter as a guest star.