Dancing with the Stars: Season 11

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The whole thing with Jennifer was rigged -- she wasn't going anywhere. They are just manipulating people.

As for Audrina, I liked her and wish she had stayed over Rick or Bristol, but she had three straight weeks of dull-ish dances.

• Members

You leave Derek alone :P But otherwise I actually completely agree with you (though I did thinkt he tango was Jennifer's best dance in weeks). It's so frustrating to watch how these shows are manipulated--when it would be more entertaining if they weren't. Does Jennifer not realize how many audience members (that I know of anyway), who were huge fans have been turned off by her constant sobbing. SIGH.

Bristol is odd. I have no love for her, and won't pretend otherwise, but there is some truth to what they say--she is a natural *mover*--yet she completely fails to emotionally engage whatsoever (considering the household she grew up in, I suppose that's not too surprising...)

:blink: What has she been through? :blink: Despite the last few weeks, her and Derek are my fave coupel dance wise, but, enough...

• Members

Jennifer had a car accident a few years ago which gave her neck injuries. Right before she went on DWTS she went to the doctor and learned she had cancer.

I do think that she is taking a lot of the fun out of this for herself -- Derek isn't a very fun type of pro so that probably adds to it.

Brandy doesn't seem to have much fun either.

I like Kyle and Kurt more because they seem to have more fun.

I liked seeing some old faces again (love Mel B! Funny how she seems much more popular here in the US -- is it because of her personality?), but I don't understand why most of season 6 was absent. That was Priscilla Presley, the girl from Hairspray who is now on The Talk, Jason Taylor. Did they just hate the show?

• Members

Ha I really don't fully get your hate on with Derek--in the behind the scenes clip for CHeryl Cole's Parachute video (he partnered her and choreographed) he looks like the only one keeping everything light and fun, and Cheryl has said she's never worked with someone both as professional and fun as him (then again Cheryl, for all my Girls Aloud love, doesn't look like she'd know fun if it slapped her in the face). He does take DWTS maybe too seriously (though I think the producers help him to do that by who they partner him with, etc--he's bar none the best choreographer on the show), but if you ask me that's the kinda partner Jennifer woulda wanted--she seems to do the same.

...that said I admit I didn't know about all her health probs right before the show--I tend to miraculously avoid a lot of the gossip...

(I do agree that at least Kyle and Kurt seem to be having a lot more fun--even if I could do without Kyle's fart jokes in rehearsal, but that's just me :P ).

I haven't liked Brandy as a person ever since her scientology rant a few years back (rant supporting it I mean)--she's never seemed much fun to me. I did like her dress tonight though (well not the gloves... :P ).

I wondered the same thing about Season 6--very very odd--certainly I wouldn't have expected Hairspray girl to turn them down--she doesn't say no to anything :P

is Mel B more popular in N America? Her solo stuff did even worse here than in the UK--I always thought, for a while anyway, she was the most popular of the Spice Girls--certainly she seemed to be when I was in England. But she has sorta become a popular "personality" here... (I liked seeing her as well)

• Members

The fun Derek has seems very manufactured -- every season he seems to wear his partners down, and struggles to communicate with them. When they're interviewed backstage he often seems to try to steal attention from them. I think he's probably not suited for a show like this, where you have to also be a teacher. He would be better off on a show where you can just dance.

Mel B hasn't been popular here musically, but then she seemed to stop being popular musically in the UK after a few years. She seems to have a lot of different shows here, and does stuff in Vegas.

• Members

I would say it was because Marissa is on The Talk but then so is Sharon Osborne and she was there (and doing a very motherly type of "please stop!" face when Kelly was going on about herself).

I try not to judge Brandy based on her past, but on this show and on America's Got Talent I think she's been very standoffish. I guess as a child star you sort of have to be that way. I'm a bit surprised she went on this show, although I guess it's good for the career. I think she struggles with being warm enough and also with the show's bad editing. I think they made some mistakes with her editing early on and they've had to compensate with the scores ever since. To give her a 10 when she made a mistake...Len looked like a hypocrite.

• Members

Ha I'm just not gonna comment on the Osbournes ;)

I think you're right about Brandy actually--remember too she just had either a flop or unreleased album (I can't remember which) so... Then again Sherzinger and Braxton's music careers weren't exactly revived by the show... I do think she suffered from poor editing (which is a pretty big factor), and all the Macks "fighting" etc, which I suspect was nothing more than anything his partners usually go through.

While I still think you're too hard with Derek--and I think one of his strengths is that he's good at doing choreography that shows off his partner's strengths, I'll concede and agree with what you just said--he'd do better with a showcase type show, or if he's teaching teaching someone who wants to do it professionally.

Archived