AMC: Two actors let go

• Members

I have seen other people suggest he might work as Jamie recast. He could possibly work in that role, even though that means he would be interacing a lot with the hypocritical Martins.

I think that a couple of years ago when this rumor was going on he could have worked as a recast Sean Montgomery. Because he had just been let go from Guiding Light, Colby was around 18 then and Natalia had just come on the show and decided to become a cop. I think they could have had Sean return from California, a more mature man. Maybe something could have happened while he was in California that made him grow up.

He could have come back and decided that he wanted to become a cop. Maybe he could still have had feelings for Colby and maybe tried to prove to her he changed, while also mixing things up with Natalia at the police academy.I remember there being a spoiler, I think from SOW or SOD that Natalia would be shown in a storyline at the police academy going through the process of becoming a cop. And that there was going to be new people she was going to be shown interacting with. But that didn't really happen.

Then DC reported that there was a rumor that JD was being considered as recast for Sean and that he might be paired with Colby/Natalia. I think him being recast in that role could work back then.But currently I don't think he could really work with Colby. She would be too "young" for him. Because she's still 18, it's like they de'sorased her and haven't really let her age in the past couple of years. And she's not very mature.

I do think he could still work with Natalia as some character like maybe Jamie. Because even though Natalia was initally around Colby's age, she was allowed to grow up once she became a cop. And she is very mature. Natalia should be around 21 now, and they can always make her a couple/few years older if they wanted. Plus I think that her and JD would look good together.

I think that John can play characters that are fairly young mature men. Though I'm not sure if he would really work as Scott, especially if TPTB want to make Scott "edgier".

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Driscoll would be okay, but IMO, Scott should be played by a man who's Daniel Cosgrove's age. Driscoll would de-SORAS the role a bit.

I see Scott's exit from the canvas as a major blow to the Chandler family, and it has me a bit uneasy about this.

Marissa should have left months ago, and taken her hag of a mamma with her. Ugh, why are we stuck with St. Krystal?!?!?!

I'm surprised David and Donna are writing Marissa off, the two adore boring and poorly thought out characters; just look at their Ava pimping on GL.

• Members

I feel that way. Adam Mayfield was fine when all he had to do was stand in the background and look concerned. When he actually had to start acting (with the quad storyline) the whole thing went to hell. Scott got the good guy writing but thanks to AM's consistent inappropriate smirking, he came out the villain. I never hated Scott until AM and his acting tics got the better of him. The writing was there but the actor wasn't.

John Driscoll is a great actor but he has NO charisma whatsoever and lord knows, Scott needs to be played by an actor with charisma because the character on his own is really not that interesting.

I hope Alexa Havins never returns to AMC, whether it be as living Babe, ghost Babe or a Marissa recast.

• Members

I think this is a mistake. Losing half of that quad is going to make that whole s/l much less interesting with J.R. and Annie left to their own devices. And why do I have this weird feeling that Marissa is going to take A.J. with her so he can come back SORAS'd and extra Chandler bitter in a few years (Lord willing)?

I think AM and BA were perfect in their roles, they illicited the appropriate responses. I never found AM the actor annoying, it was the writing for Scott, his head shoved so far up Annie's butt and the moments when he had the nerve to condescend to Marissa.

Cosgrove as Scott, what's the point? Just stick with Mayfield. March? Dear God no, he will play Scott this go round like coked up Nash. I see how folks would be interested in the Lucky vs. Lucky thing with Vaughan, but he's not a Scott... he's more on the Joshand Trey side of recasts. I agree that Driscoll would be a perfect Jamie.

• Members

This is great news, I have been waiting so long for AMC to get rid of them! It's not the characters as much as it is the actors, IMO. So I actually hope that they end up recasting. BA wasn't bad but she was just so boring to watch, she was not appealing or interesting in the slightest! She was just there. And AM.......just absolutely horrid! He is so awkward and his facial expressions are so distracting; his posture was bad, just everything.

If AMC re-casts them at some point, I would love if Greg Vaughan took over as Scott, John Driscoll is a great choice to. I don't really care that much about the age thing. As for Marissa, I still think Vail Bloom would be great, it would be a drastic change but stranger things have happened LOL. And I also freaking love Natalia Livingston, she would be great as Marissa to, IMO :-D.

If AMC writes them out, I see Scott and Marissa ending up together somehow.As for AJ...wow I really don't know how they'll handle that. Marissa really loves that kid. Something would have to happen to make JR look like an unfit parent for Marissa to have to take AJ away from him. AMC would probably have JR go off the wagon again!

Archived