AMC: Two actors let go

• Members

Cosgrove was very dull on AMC. He's grown in charm since then but I wish he would play one soap role which is not a complete blank slate. It makes him seem generic.

At least this might mean he won't be Joey on OLTL.

I think Sheffer Stevens deserves a better role than Scott...what about recasting him as a son of Ross Cortlandt? Or that son of the Jane Elliott character Palmer was married to. Stevens is a bit young but they could age him down.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they bring Cosgrove on as Scott, I will hurt someone. I really will. He needs to play a psychopathic killer soon because my interest in him is steadily waning.

And I say NO to Driscoll as Jamie. I love Driscoll, but he'd just be picking up where Cosgrove left off in the "son of a popular couple/family" area.

I could have sworn I read that ESS was younger than Hansis and Silbermann and only about 25, but now it says on Wiki that he's 38, so I'm thinking he'd be perfect for a nuTrey. I just can't remember if Trey was older or younger than Kendall.

• Members

It doesn't seem to me AMC is committed to JR and Annie, otherwise I don't see them recasting Marissa and Scott. Imagine if JR and NuMarissa and Annie and NuNuNuNuScott have chemistry, it could end up either way LOL

JR and Annie aren't going to last, they're both too stuck on themselves for that, they remind me of Rylee in that instance. They'll cheat on each other eventually

Thanks AMS. I only saw Forbes' Scott, I started watching when JD played Leo

• Members

How long have you watched AMC? He was the 2nd adult Scott, playing him from 1996-1998. His major story was his romance with Gillian and quad with Ryan and Kelsey. He was also with Laura when her abuse story came out. I hope they get him back as he was the very best guy in the role

chandlersc4.jpg

andrassy1.jpg

• Members

ESS would make a great Trey.

Cosgrove was brought in to "hunkify" AMC, as they called it at the time. Also hired were Maxwell Caulfield and Vince Poletto.

Cosgrove had very little to do. He mostly just stood around and stared at Laura as she felt inferior to him and his friends and I think they had something about Laura not wanting to have sex. Laura was annoying as hell by this time, sadly, and Roman and Cosgrove had little actual storyline, and I didn't see any chemistry. Cosgrove also looked much older than Shane McDermott, and was much blander. It was distracting for me.

After the Laura story fizzled out, Scott had a bit of story which was mostly about putting Ryan/Gillian together, as Kelsey worked to convince gold-digging Gillian that Ryan was rich. Kelsey wanted Scott, but that story went nowhere.

I think Cosgrove's last scene on the show was being electrocuted, which I thought was kind of amusing, given his dullness.

I can't remember a lot about March. Given how many men Budig is a cold fish with, if she managed to have a spark with March then they should consider bringing him back and moving him more in that story.

• Members

I just don't think there's anything DC will bring (back) to the role that can improve upon what AM's been doing. And it's not like he's packing some daytime royalty star power, this is merely a favor for a friend.

He's too young, but in a diferent time and place I'd be interested in seeing what Mayfield would do with Joey Buchanan. I think he and Gina T. could perhaps have interesting chemistry. I don't know off hand how old Don "Wild-Wild-and-Crazy-Kids!" Jeffcoat is, but Mayfield seems more believable as someone who had an affair with Dorian once upon a time, moreso than BMH as well.

• Members

NO. I think Hall, while still havign some off moments, has grown into the role and is the first Colby I've liked. Period. With their luck with Colby recasts I have no faith a new one would be any better...

I'm mixed on this news. I thought both actors were fine if unexceptional. I do kinda agree that Mayfield just isn't right to be a character to fight JR for Chandler--for some reason it just doesn't work. I actually did like Cosgrove int he role, though Carl's spot on that they had nothing for the character by then, anyway...

• Members

I know this is a terrible idea for some, but how about we recast Marissa with Erin Hershey hmmm

I've always loved her and she and Annie would be a delight to watch fight against each other, yeah she looks alot different from Brittany Allen, but the last time I checked Liza was never a red-head..but look what we got.

And bring on her gorgeous husband to boot....two for one deal!!

Archived