GH: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brenda and Jason are AMAZING! Best part of GH right now, IMHO. They are hilarious, loved all of their scenes today. Suzanne....ROTFL. She is a great addition, wouldn't mind GH keeping her though I don't see how she could end up in PC. Her getting all dressed up for Jason was so funny. Brenda & Jason's back and forth banter is awesome, my favorite scenes were when they were in the limousine! I don't know what Brenda was yapping about, but Jason sitting there looking annoyed while she was rambling on and on was what had me laughing. VMG/SBu look like they have fun working together and he has tons more life with her than he does with KeMo! And these two may be highly annoyed with each other, but I totally think that something could be buried deep down between them smile.gif

Ok I tried really really hard to understand what this Lucky/Ronan business was all about but I just can't! Even when the Troll Baby was explaining it to Lulu today I couldn't get it ohmy.gif to me it just all seems like a very bad, out of nowhere joke! The Actress playing Siobhan is really good though and I'm just waiting for Lucky to fess up to her already and go back to talking in his normal voice.

Claire/Sonny, e8099.gif!! The love scene was just gut wrenchingly painful, omg from the bad choreography to that song! That song wasn't even alluring, it was just...wacko.gif. Sonny was all up in Claire's mouth, sucking her lips with his dentures like they were a plate of slimey worms sad.gif I would like Sonny/Claire if Sonny actually loved her and wasn't thinking about someone else during it all!! It is so clear whats really on his mind and Diane was right at the end, Sonny is doing nothing but playing her! Claire looks like such an idiot right now!

• Members

wow, GH suddenly has become not bad at all. While not quite "The Prometheus Disc" or even "The Cartel", the story with Balkan has really taken shape. Lucky of all people front and center in it, while Brenda and Jason are starring in the same story but in a totally different plot thread. Now Lulu and Dante about to get involved...it is a good use of a handful of characters in what would have been a six month story with a location shoot 25 years ago, but now is trying its best to be done on the cheap.

And then totally removed from all of them Robin stars in an even better story with Lisa that works in a few different characters. All told something like seven or eight characters are in front burning story, and even more play supporting roles in those stories. That's a far cry from the drab era when it was just Sonny, Carly, Jason and Courtney who starred in stories. Who would have ever thought Lucky and Robin would be more important to the stories than Carly? It was inconceivable just a few years ago.

I could do without Sonny and Reese/Hannah/Claire, but the show will never let Sonny get a week off. I think GH found a good mix of characters to be front burner because Brenda really livens up the show now that she is with Jason, and Lucky makes a welcome "meanwhile..." which allows us a break from Brenda and Jason. And then Robin is holding down the fort back at home with crazy Lisa, which gives the show an excuse to look in on Patrick, Matt, Maxie, Mac and Steve.

• Members

I'm going to say something nice about Carly/LW and that is that her hair was looking phenomenally good yesterday. Thank you for brushing out the "underage Playboy bunny" hair, Laura!

I like Jason & Brenda. I think this might be the way to go. Sorry, KeMo. I think you are adorable when you are in the Davis family set-up so perhaps that is where you are destined to hang out.

Dahlia Salem better thank her buddy Jill for giving her solid work for the past year AND giving her a well-produced love scene with the show's "leading man" before she heads back to TV pilot-land. Yeah, I was kind of skeeved out by it because it is Sonny and his trifling ass just finished reconnecting with the "love of his life" Brenda. But, from a dispassionate eye, this was the best-shot and produced love scene that GH has done in a LONG while -- certainly far surpassing Dante & Lulu's much-ballyhooed, dead-eyed "love" scene. The soft lighting (glinting over Claire's bracelet), the dark sheets contrasting with their skin, the kissing close-ups, hell, the scene even got a roaring fireplace thrown in. I wish to God these two hadn't hooked up as it has hurt the character of Claire immeasurably, and I hate that she has started yapping about "lifestyle choice." But DS played what she had as best she could, and the scene was written as a showcase of what CAN be done. Because usually GH hookups are portrayed as far nastier and more self-destructive than this. Whatever Claire's faults now, at least we get a sense that she went into this with her eyes open and that she *wanted* him to pull out the stops in order to seduce her. And that she wasn't going to feel bad about wanting that.

• Members

Also forgot to mention: Diane sort of went off on Claire sleeping with Sonny, huh? Not that I think Diane is jealous (thank GOD!), but because she seemed actively disappointed that Claire let her guard down with Sonny and would now not be mounting a legal defense against him (and, by proxy, Diane). God, I wish Carlyn Hennessy was on contract.

Archived