GH: September Discussion Thread

• Members

I think they should have just written Lucky out rather than bring back JJ. He's a good actor but their memories of Lucky don't really have a place on today's GH. His weeping over Jason is embarrassing, his relationship with Liz is disgusting and only involves him missing the days when she was raped and left to die, they do not want to commit to relationships with most of the other women on the canvas because they are already the property of other men (Claire to Sonny, Maxie to Spinelli), JMB has no real spark with him, the Luke/Lucky relationship was destroyed years ago.

If they wanted the golden boy back they should have just brought him in a different role. Lucky as a character was pretty much eviscerated and even with JJ back, he only ever existed in some Peter Pan fantasy land. He never had to enter the real world of GH (being a mob flunky).

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a Lucky thing because they set up the expectation that things would be different when the golden boy returned. They seemed to think they could easily repair a decade of trashing the character and the Spencer family. Once they brought JJ back they should have immediately worked to repair the damage. Instead they have tip-toed around it and also made his relationship with Liz (which a lot of old school fans enjoyed) completely vile.

• Members

I completely disagree. I think the Spencers are the one family that is truly a Family, and they still retain much of what brought them into peoples hearts in the 80's. Even stretching out their boundaries to include a few Cassidines and Quartermaines, the Spencers are true to themselves and loyal to each other in their own unique ways.

• Members

It's obvious she had rhinoplasty, cheek implants, botox and possibly an eye lift. Since VM is prone to inappropriate fits of random giggling she probably wants to show off her veneers too.

Cheap, that pic of Danielle isn't that far off. Unfortunately.

• Members

Claire/Sonny is just embarrassing. Poor Claire. I mean seriously there is nothing there, obviously Sonny's mind is on Brenda. He even admitted at the end of the episode to Dante that Claire was just a diversion of his to get over Brenda. Claire is going to be left in the gutter at the end of this road, sad because I really like her. GH could be doing a lot better with her right now than this. Sigh.

I was appalled by Carly's behavior with Sam. WTF- did she not realize Sam was on crutches and needed rest. Michael comes over and Carly asks Sam to go outside, seriously?? And on crutches, where is she supposed to go?? Carly should have got her arse up and took Michael outside the door with her! That is not her home. What a little insensitive biotch. I can't believe Sam didn't tell her to go somewhere else with Michael.

Jason and Brenda are fun and I'm looking forward to more of their scenes! smile.gif

• Members

Gilles (who was pretty hot!): Wut wuz ze best sing about your marriage?

Brenda: The divorce. UH HA HA HA HA! HA HA HA HA HA!!

Has anybody noticed that Jonathan Jackson is aping a (pretty good) Northern Irish/Belfast accent -- but everybody else is doing a Southern Irish/Tom Cruise-in-Far and Away accent? Just me, then. This SL is hilariously awful, BTW. I cringe every time I hear Sinead O'Leprechaun open her mouth or whatever that redhead-with-the-beret's name is.

Archived