Y&R: Week of August 23, 2010

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I haven't watched in months, but I caught today's show for Philip's return. I agree about the writing for Jill. I hate the writing for her 90% of the time now a days. It is like she's the writers whippingboy for the them to laugh. Don't like it at all. :mad:

• Members

Sorry not for me Guza is absolutely horrid. This is a good ole' boys network IMO

I enjoyed the christening

a lot went on there however I don't like

the storyline with Jill being Lauren's sister.

I'll watch anything they write for Lauren but

Jill being a Fenmore is really stretching it.

• Members

Sorry I meant to say that Guza has fondness for some women like Brenda. Wrote Guza twice...

If I thought the show was going to stick with that I'd quote it forever. :lol: Unfortunately Chompers the deadbeat and his strung out lapdog will have the upper hand.

• Members

Thanks! :)

You know, sheilaforever and I used to bitch and moan about JT back in the day. We couldn't understand how this himbo with no ties to the canvas was given so many SLs and potential romantic partners. Colleen, Mitzi, that horrendous scene-hog Brittany, Mac... So many good characters were sacrified on the altar for JT. Well, I take it ALL back now.

• Members

Who wrote yesterday's episode? Because bitch really has a sense of humor! :rolleyes:

First of all, I stand by my assessment of Daniel Goddard being one of the worst actors out there. Did anybody catch him trying to squeeze out tears when he did that speech? ROTFLMAO! Hunter Tylo could do better than that fakery.

Reverend: Lily and Cane have decided to interrupt the religious ceremony to say a few useless words.

Lily (giggling): OMG. Hey you guys!!!

Cane: THIS DOY ALMOST DIDINT HEPPEN. IMMIGROYSHUN ALMOST DEPORTED ME. EVEN THOUGH IT'S MOY FAULT THAT OY COYME TO THIS COUNTRY UNDER FALSE PREEEETENCES. TUH GIT AWOY FROM THUH AUSTRALIAN KETTLE MOFIA!

Lily: Like, the ductur said that having a baby would be impossible. So, this is totally like a miracle!!!!!

Cane: TEW BYYBEEZ (holds up two fingers). COUNT 'EM. TEW. TEW.

Lily (embarrassed that her hubby is such a bonehead): :unsure:

Cane (choking up): THIS DOY ALMOST DIDINT HAPPEN. AND... OY'M SAO GRATEFUL. TODOY IT'S A TREW MIRACLE. MAN. GREATEST DOY OV MI LIFE.

Lily: Uh huh. We're, like, so grateful.

Cane (constipated): DEVON. MAN, UR EXTRAORDINARY. THE WOY YOU WENT THRU FOSTAH CARE AND LOST UR HEARIN. YOU ARE A PHENOMENAL ROLE MODEL. *cries*

Lily: OK! So, like, can we open the gifts now?

Billy flashing his chompers at Sophia and telling her "I like you. You're cool. You're great" was arguably the most condescending thing I've ever seen. Was Y&R worried that the audience wouldn't take to a newbie AA character without a white person's seal of approval?

Lauren's christening gift = unlimited free clothing for the twins until their 18th birthday. Are Lily and Cane, like, poor? Are they so poor they are po' ? Isn't Cane considered the Chancellor heir in all but name? Doesn't he have some highly-paid job for which he is hopelessly unqualified? Isn't Lily some child-bride lady-of-leisure who only has to worry about which extensions will go with what dress?

And did anybody catch Lauren's line about the baby fedoras being in tribute to Dru's love of hats? CLB had a coughing fit and KSJ gave him this look.

Meth-head has absolutely ZERO right to get angry at JT for having Mac move in with him. When was the last time she saw Reed in between drunken late-night tattoo sessions, drunken weddings in the Carribean and getting locked in the bathroom for some drunken shower sex? Plus she is now unemployed. Yeah, great custodial material.

God, I hated Katherine yesterday, even more than Billy. The way she laughed at Lauren's put-downs of Jill and then did the BFF fist-pump with her. :mad:

Archived