Y&R: Week of August 23, 2010

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really cannot believe that this character is Victoria Newman. This is not the same character Bill Bell poured years of development into so that she could be the future of the show. Victoria, regardless of Amelia's crappy acting and bad styling, is written as such an afterthought and just as one of Billy's idiot whores. Shameful. This show should be ashamed.

• Members

I can't agree with you. GH's women are written much, much worse as far as I'm concerned. Brenda, Carly, Sam and Liz have been treated to one humiliation after another. Y&R has never come close. It may be coming closer than it ever has before and I agree that it's unacceptable, but it's still no where near the level of GH or even B&B, imo.

• Members

I only see offensive deceptions of a woman on today's Y&R. They're all idiot losers who only live to be screwed by their men (Sharon, Phyllis, Ashley). Or they're somehow unworthy and considered un-sexy (Jill, Nikki).

Even GH and B&B do a better job at showcasing career women than Y&R does these days. At least you see Robin, Carly, Lisa, Liz, and Olivia at work sometimes. On B&B, Brooke and Stephanie are always at work too. On Y&R, you no longer see any depiction of a woman other than when she's screwing a man anymore.

Archived