Y&R: Week of August 23, 2010

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Billy and Victoria living in a trailer is equally ridiculous. I mean, GMAFB!! There is no way I believe either of these people would choose to live in Murphy's old place when they are filthy rich. Now Mac, I could see it because I'm sure she lived in worse places during her stint in Darfur and she's never been a snob, but Jill Foster Abbott's (not Fenmore) son and Nikki Newman's Daughter? Hell NO!

• Members

I think Choe's outfit wasn't bad.... It was a just a casual summer blouse/shorts set. What I want to know is how come nobody has mentioned Sofia's horrendously AWFUL Wilma Flinstone necklace? and why are they putting her in these day-glo colors every single day? But nothing is as awful as Victoria's blouse. Why does wardrobe think that hanging a dust ruffle the color of dirty dishwater around Amelia's shoulders is something attractive? I did, however... LOVE the "Judge can read your ass" line.

• Members

"Bring it on, Tattoo Girl. And while you're at it, why don't you wear that skirt to court? Yeah, instead of testifying, the judge can just read your ass. Pretty much says it all about how stable you are."

Just needed to repost that entire rant because it is ALL kinds of awesome. And how high was ole Chiclet-Teeth yesterday? Jesus, can't Rauch pull her aside and ask her to smoke the meth AFTER her scenes are done and not before? Vamptoria's dead-eyed, gawping-mouthed "reaction" shots were for [!@#$%^&*].

Speaking of bad acting, Chompers has to be the show's most annoying actor behind Daniel Goddard and Vanilla Macchiato ( © whoever came up with that gem). We know Y&R is stuffed with hams (Bergman, "The" Stafford) but this guy is given WAY too much leeway with the ad-libs and smacking of the veneers. Even in the scenes NOT about him, he has to make it all about him with the, um, yapping and wisecracking. DON'T exit a scene which has nothing to do with you and start giving yourself extra lines, fool.

And then we had Tweedledumb & Tweedledumber and their, like, OMG, the Greatest Luv Story EVURRRR!!!!! I know I rag on MS's diction (or DICKSHIN) all the time, but Christel's is almost as bad. It's just not as shouty.

normal_2010_8_25_9_54_37_TS0196.jpg

OH, HAI THERE COLLEEN'S MUM. NAO GIFT FOR OWR MIRACLE BYYYYYBEES?

normal_2010_8_25_9_54_37_TS0206.jpg

You guyzzzzz! Hey!!! Look!!!! Mahtildah looks sooooo cute wirrin my crissnin gown!!!! The black baybee gets tuh wirr Jill's leftover crissnin dress.

I'm surprised they didin't have Humprey trot down the church aisle wearing some white frou-frou dog outfit.

And typical MAB -- the "story" is wrapped up within an episode. WTF is this show? Touched by an Angel?

• Members

Loved your post!

You've hit upon something there with that last line. This is what's been bothering me about this show for a while now. Some storyline seems to wrap up instantly, while other move along, very inconsistently and all over the place. Maybe it's just me.

• Members

It's not just you, Monty. A lot of the SLs seem so half-assed, like they were written by somebody asleep at the wheel. We get an initial taste of ...something, and then it is dropped until 4 months later when they sort of pick it up half-heartedly and wrap it up in a day or two. Lily's cancer was a case in point (although I am thankful we didn't have weeks of Christel's doing her "Bummer! I broke a nail!" acting).

• Members

I HATE SO MUCH as Jill being portrayed as this bitter outsider gnashing her teeth on the sidelines, being left out. Thank GOD Phillip is here, and maybe he'll treat her like a human being. Beth, as usual... is the highlight of the episode. She just taked any line, any dialogue, and makes it sparkle... it doens't matter what it is, she can play it and make it good. I don't Goddard is that bad, Cat... I think Kahlil "Pulls him asunder" as Carl likes to say.

• Members

I just find his acting to be insincere. He's so cheesy and smaltzy. Part of it is the way Lame are written, of course. They make prim 1950s soap pairings look like Eric & Sookeh in True Blood. Goddard's weaknesses were especially evident when Billy Miller showed up and DG seemed uncharacteristically nervous and intimidated. Khalil is 1000x worse, though.

Beth Maitland is just amazingness personnified and I *WISH* they would put her on contract and hadn't killed off Brad or Colleen. She is the only character standing who hasn't been ruined by the plots and writing.

Jill has become the AJ Quartermaine of Y&R -- a whippingboy for the writers to laugh at. I was so thrilled when I saw her Alexis shoulderpads on Tuesday as she took over part of Fenmore's -- but yesterday at the Christening, they had her in what looked like black sweats. WTF? Jill Abbott is a Grande Dame, rolling in jewels and diamante and gold lamé and vintage 80s business suits.

• Members

Even though Lauren was giving Jill a taste of her own medicine, I couldn't help feeling sorry for Jill. The smug look on Lauren's face might have helped with that. Hopefully as alphanguy74 said, Phillip will be here to treat her like a human being. While Phillip is here, he better visit his friends and son and not just be here for Cane.

Lauren and Micheal's sex scene was fun and not sleazy.

What the hell were Billy and Victoria doing at the christening in the first place? Billy hates Cane and Lily has pretty much been forgotten by him. Victoria is friends with Neil(albeit not as close as they used to be), but where were his other friends?

Surprised that Roxie feels like an outsider after all this time. I wish the writers would write more for Devon and Roxie as a couple and show why they love each other. Devon should get a music storyline like Danny and J.T. before him.

Despite everything that J.T. said to Victoria was the truth we're suppose to feel sorry for her. I wouldn't be surprised if Mac's PPD ends up being so bad that she is completely unstable, making Billy and Victoria look stable in comparison.

ENOUGH WITH THE MONTAGES! This isn't the CW where every episode needs to have one and pick better music. I know Sony has it.

Hopefully during the next J.T./Mac love scene we see J.T. completely shirtless.

• Members

Truly, I LIKE Jill sticking it to Lauren. I just want it to a victory, not this bullcrap "Jill won the money, but lost what was really important". I know most people who aren't old enough see Lauren as a heroine, but I was around for every drop of her spoiled nastiness toward Traci. So I love seeing Lauren suffer, still to this day. I got to say, I LUV that mirror in Cane and Lily's living room, with all the disco ball-like stuff around it. I like their house in general. The only set at this point that I feel is ugly is the tack house and the athletic club.

Archived